Help to ID this BUD Manufacturer and f/d ratio

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well that was for sure a job! Glad to see it apart. Can't wait to hear and see pics of it back together and working!

Thank you KE4EST, the welder that will fix the tooth I broke will be back on the 10th of January so I will need to wait until then. I am also looking forward to bring it back to life.

Got the tooth fixed today. The tooth next to it is a bit cracked but the welder told me it will hold and said it does not have to be fixed. Hope that’s the case
IMG_7417.JPG

Looking good! I have always enjoyed assembling a dish and catching the first signal. It never gets old!

It will be extremely difficult to get the panels to form a parabola when attaching them together on an installed mount. Typically, reflectors will be assembled on a perfectly flat surface with the center of the dish supported with a bucket. Once the bolts are lightly snugged, roll the dish onto its back and perform a string test. Once the string tests passes, begin tightening the hardware while monitoring the string contacts.

To see if you need to bring the reflector down to correct the parabola, stretch 3 or 4 strings across the reflector from opposing edges and be sure that all strings lightly touch in the center. If the strings do not lightly contact, the panels are not aligned causing a misshapen parabola. This warped reflector will result in a very poor efficiency with the reflected signals not converging into the feedhorn. It will also be very difficult to accurately track the arc with a poorly shaped parabola.

Reactions: Vintagesports
Yes will do the string test. I put the panels in the same position they were prior to dissambling them hoping they would fit right in. I am crossing my fingers nothing had warped. Dish is too big and I had no help.

Hopefully I can finish up the installation this weekend. I now have an Ajak Super Tracker from Magic Static that I want to try with the ASC1 from Titanium. Great Stuff! Takes your hobby up another notch

Reactions: Titanium
These are the angles corresponding to where I live
PR latitude is 18.46
Elevation Angle is 18.93
Declination offset 2.77

Where in the mount should I put the inclinometer to properly set the declination offset angle??
IMG_7501.JPG

Thanks I am adding both angles 18.93 + 2.77= 21.7 degrees. I decided to order a digital one. The one I have is very imprecise. The needle gets stuck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts