help to setup my dish with motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

papij

Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra , I set up my motor HH 120 with elavation 43.5 equal to my lat, i couldn't
get any signal on AMC5 , that is my true south...My location is at 43.537N , -79.681W ... But i
get good signal at Nimiq 2 at 82..

My setup is:
LNB type:Universal 1
LNB Local-Freq:9750/100600
22kHz:-----
Diseqc:eek:ff
Lnb Power:eek:ff
TP:12224V20000
Positioner Setting:Usal
Satelite Scan:FTA

any one can help out, please?

For what its worth, I just did my first install. A few tidbits I can point out.

1) Double and triple check the plumb-ness of the pipe you are installing your dish on. Use a level (it's only a few bucks if you don't have one) and run it around the pipe (not just laying it on top).

2) Double check the elevation on the dish. I found out that on most systems there is a "mark" or something that you should use as a guide, not just installing the bolt where you want the degrees to be set (my big mistake)

3) Take a compass reading (or a complicated solar reading) to find true south (note: at this time of the year, the sun is not "exactly due south" at noon, and it can vary by a few minutes depending on where you live). Dont' forget the magnetic declanation.

Once you have this, I found it very very helpful to put a line on the ground that was due south (I used an old rake handle as a due south line).

I took a small tv, the receiver, and the dish outside and tweaked and turned it for a few hours. Once I had a pretty good signal, I ran the line into the house and set up the receiver on my big tv.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts