Help! - Update Crashed

ricks

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 6, 2004
Live in West Palm and lost power for 64 hours. I'm one of the lucky few who have power back so I reinstalled my dish and OTA antenna yesterday. System worked fine yesterday. Ever since 6.20 came out it has shown I'm targeted for it but it never downloaded on its own. Just turned it on and it shows the download screen but it seems to be stuck on 27% received files. What do I do? Soft reboot? Hard reboot? Call Voom and hit the box?

Just unplug it for 15 seconds (hard reboot). It should resume the download.

Ilya said:
Just unplug it for 15 seconds (hard reboot). It should resume the download.

Thanks. I'll give that a try in a few minutes. Got a typical S. Florida afternoon shower passing by (as opposed to a freakin' hurricane) and I think I'll wait to make sure I've got a good signal.

Man was Frances a wild ride for us in West Palm. The south end of the eye came down to Jupiter. We're about 15 miles south of that so, since the darn thing just wouldn't move, we spent from midnight to seven in the morning right in the eyewall. No way to describe the howling, crashing, banging, buildings shaking, etc. unless you've lived through it. And it lasted for seven hours and then very, very slowly subsided over another four hours. The poor folk in the Ft. Pierce to Vero Beach area went through the exact same thing, except worse since they were on the NE side of the storm, which is always worse.

ricks said:
Thanks. I'll give that a try in a few minutes. Got a typical S. Florida afternoon shower passing by (as opposed to a freakin' hurricane) and I think I'll wait to make sure I've got a good signal.
It's a good idea. You certainly need a stable signal for the update.

Thanks Ilya. It downloaded properly this time and I'm rollin' again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts