Help!!!!!!!!!!! Vizio M series 75" 4k TV will not display 4K content!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
We got an incredible deal on a Vizio M series but have been unable to get 4k content to work. 1080p yes 4k no. The onboard youtube app wont render 4k, and the samsung 8500 blu ray only plays 4k discs in 1080p. I've tried different 4k hdmi cables, tried different Hdmi inputs, I've tried bypassing the amp and running the HDMI directly to the tv, and nothing seems to work. I'm hopeful that it's simply some setting that I'm missing. Thanks for any light you may be able to shine on my situation. Thanks in advance.

For HDMI connection, make sure you use the port that has HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 capability. For Vizio M, I've read, it's only HDMI 5. Please check your manual, to be sure.
As for streaming, how fast is your Internet connection?

For HDMI connection, make sure you use the port that has HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 capability. For Vizio M, I've read, it's only HDMI 5. Please check your manual, to be sure.
As for streaming, how fast is your Internet connection?

Internet connection = 60 Mbps, and I have the samsung 8500 player connected to the only 2.0/2.2 port (#5) that the unit offers. I just don't have the will to call Vizio Tech Support and stay on the phone for hours, ending up no better off they when I started :( Thanks for the reply llya

If it is the 2015 M series, only HDMI 5 will take a 4K signal, I have the 55" version and it took me a month to figure that out with my Roku 4 and 4K content.

Since then no problems, everything (Cable, Roku 4, Phillips UHD Player) goes into HDMI 5 using my receiver ( Onkyo 747 ).

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Have you verified that you have the latest firmware?

The firmware is "pushed" when the TV is in standby mode. If you chop the power or never put the TV in standby, it won't receive updates.

Reactions: cobalt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts