Help w/ 222k and Winegard Movin View

rvuser

Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Connecticut
I have a VIP222K dual receiver and a Winegard Movin View. When I run the check switch receiver 1 shows two satellites (110 and 119) and SW42 as the Wingard docs say it should. Receiver 2 shows 1 satellite (119) and no switch. The Winegard docs are silent on this.

I have two cables to the dish, one plugged into sat. 1 and the second plugged into sat 2. I know that winegard says the second receiver will not switch satellites--I have no idea what this means.

The problem is that the VIP222K won't let the 1 satellite on receiver 2 pass. I get a pop-up screen saying my satellite is broken and the only way I can actually get it to work is to disconnect the receiver 2 cable and re-do the check switch.

Any ideas?

What does the lack of 110 and a switch on receiver 2 mean to me? Why does the VIP222K not want to let it go. Is this a winegard problem vip222k problem, or pilot error?

recevier #1 works great. Just want to get some programming back in the bedroom. Any help would be appreciated.

The voltage signal that Winegard uses to switch satellites is only acceptable on Satellite 1 coax. That is why Satellite 2 can't change which satellite is pointed at.

I have a Winegard AS-2003 and I used it with my VIP-622 and it always passed the switch test.

I would call Winegard on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts