Help w/expansion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grizz57

Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
This is a great site, but I'm unable to find the info that I need. I have a dual lnb satalite, and want to add hd receiver to my tivo setup. I have 2 coax to other areas of the house, and 2 for tivo. I would like to know if I can attach a multi inside to the 2 I have for tivo now and go off of it, since it will be in the same room. Goal is to have tivo as one source and hd as another source. Please help, or tell me the best way to acheive this....

Thank you

To get HDTV you will need a 18x20 dish with triple LNB, in place of Round dish w/ dual LNB...

4 lines in to RECEIVERS after grounding of course... the triple LNB has a built in Multi-switch.

022266 is a little confusing, you will need a Phase 3 dish to pickup the 3 satellite locations that Directv uses for HDTV. That dish has outputs for 4 satellite receivers so you would need to bring in an additional line from the dish to connect a single tuner receiver for HDTV. If you need to connect a multiswitch inside the house you need all 4 lines from the Phase 3 dish connected to the multiswitch to allow access to the three satellite locations. The multiswitch must be a cascadable 4 X or 5 X 8 switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts