Help! Weir OTA AM21 issue

Matt L

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Got a weird one here. One of my local channels finally got HD equipment and I have been having issues with the othere channel I get the CW from so I decide to switch to it. On my HR22&AM21 it shows up in the Off Air channel list, I adjusted the antenna and I get 100% signal strength but no picture/sound! Connected to my TV this channel comes in fine.

Now, here is where it gets weird. On my HR23/AM21 on the Edit Off Air screen, this channel does not even show up! But there is guide data for it if i tune to the channel directly. I rebooted, no luck.

I was on the phone with the tech for 45 minutes, she could see no issues and had no answers, saw that I was on the CE program and wondered if that was the issue. Any ideas?????

I was on the phone with the tech for 45 minutes, she could see no issues and had no answers, saw that I was on the CE program and wondered if that was the issue. Any ideas?????

One of the main things about CE thing.
Never talk to customer service about it.

Anyway an idea do have any other HD tuners besides the AM21 to try out? That would help determine if that station is viewable in your area.

It comes in fine with my tv.

I didn't say anything to her about the CE. She was looking at my downloads and account info and she brought it up.

Someone on the other board suggested clearing the OTA stuff and redoing it, man, it's slow- been at it for almost 30 minutes... We'll see if it works.

Update: That did it! Coming in strong now. Only down side is that while it's HD they don't do DD 5.1......

It comes in fine with my tv.

I didn't say anything to her about the CE. She was looking at my downloads and account info and she brought it up.

Someone on the other board suggested clearing the OTA stuff and redoing it, man, it's slow- been at it for almost 30 minutes... We'll see if it works.

Update: That did it! Coming in strong now. Only down side is that while it's HD they don't do DD 5.1......

Interesting. A CSR that actually looked at data reports sent by the machine. Similar situation in my area one of the OTA HD stations does not transmit 5.1 audio.