help with 722k hookup

bajadude

Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
23n,-110w
I have replaced my 301 with a new 722k. I am located far enough south that i need and use a 1.2m offset for 119. I am installing a second 1.2 offset for 129. Questions. Will I need a 2nd coax from dish to the reciever with say 119 one hooked up to sat 1 and the 129 to sat 2in? or can sat 1 read(recieve signal) from 2 separate dishes. I am not sure what the splitter with short cables is for.
Thanks for any help.
Mark

That's not a splitter; it's a "separator" used to separate the two bands of a DishPro (bandstacked) antenna signal. Without DishPro Plus gear, it is useless. If your LNBs are legacy, you will need two cables (one from each input of the 722) to your switchgear, whatever that is. Best to tell us what your LNBs are, and we can go from there.

the lnb for 129 is a ROC CST 12g , RF 12.2-12.7ghz, LO 11.25ghz, noise .3db

the lnb on 119 is unreadable but is working fine both on the old 301 and the new 722.
Not sure if it helps.
Thank you

I don't think that will work at all for 129. The 12g is a linear LNB, and you need a circular. If you get another like the one that works on 119, then that should do it except that it will almost certainly be what Dish calls a legacy LNB. If these are dual-output legacy LNBs, then you would also need a couple of SW21 switches to feed two satellites to two tuners.