Help with a Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coachdags

Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Just purchased a S-2 FTA Mercury Package from Sadoun Satellite Systems...

Mounted Dish pointed towards Southwest on top of roof...

Am going to wire and try and recieve signal tomorrow...am a little nervous any suggestions....?

Trying to get stationary Satellite....Below

Satellite Info
Intelsat Americas 6 (Galaxy 26) Digital - 93°
K17 Slot C - 9 MHz
Ku Band - Downlink Frequency: 12031 V
L Band - Downlink Frequency: 1281 V
Symbol Rate 4.88
FEC 3/4
PMT 480
Video 481
Audio 484 (Primary L&R)

welcome :wave

No need to be nervous. We'll help ya through it. Here is the info for the dish and motor (using Grand Forks as the city per PM)

elevation of dish 35
azimuth 174
skew -4

so the good news is the dish is just a little off of dead south 180 is dead south

I don't have a Merc II but checking sadoun's site, looks like you would
-select antenna setup
-scroll to IA6 (93W)
depending on what LNB you got, the info may have to be set up different. Did you get the stock LNB or a different one? What info is on the LNB?
-select a transponder that is active 24/7. The 1st one in there might be 11710 V 14310 or something real close to that. That channel is up 24/7 and can be used to aim the dish.

The Fortec dishes have been known to be off by a couple degrees on the elevation mount so we may have to adjust for that.

we actually have another Sioux fan setting up their system too. Here is some info on that
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/109659-completely-new-fta-need-system.html

Actually have a guy on the roof right now trying to aim dish and get signal......

No Luck so far....

We can get reciever menu to come up and that is it...?

OK...lets say its a UNiversal (as what comes normally in the package)

Using the pictures from Sadoun's site
FORTEC STAR Mercury II Blind Search FTA MPEG2 Free-To-Air FORTEC CLASSIC

-Hook up cable from LNB to receiver and power receiver on
-press menu and you should have an option for "antenna setup". Select that
-in the antenna setup, setup the info as such
SATELLITE-IA6 KU (93.0W)
LNB TYPE-Univ LNB (9750,10600)
POSITIONER-off
TRANSPONDER-11710 V 14320 or 11865 V 3516 or 12175 V 5147
0/22KHZ-auto (shadowed out)
SWITCH-none
INPUT-none

The signal level should have moved but the quality may not. Until we get locked on that satellite the quality wont move. Rough it to 174 which is almost dead south and move it a smidge east. Once you hit the satellite the quality meter will move up.

If that doesn't work and you think you're in the area, do a power scan, hit the "PSCAN" button on the reciever and let it scan all. It will scan the active frequencies for whereever you are and log those channels. If the channels show up let us know what you have and we can guide you from there

ran out of time today...will try this 1st thing tomorrow...which for me may be at the crack of 11am..

:)

So what were you able to get done today? :)

Is the dish aimed in the approximate area? You might want to try a power scan to see if you get anything

by the way "Ice" are you a Scott Sandelin fan...? How about "Bubba" Schweigert....?

Sandelin is doing a decent job but he needs to figure out a better way to get more goals when UMD is on the PP :)

Bubba is just funny. His interviews on local Duluth news are pretty good. He's been known to make you scratch your head after he gives an answer and wonder "did he just say that" :)

Sandelin is doing a decent job but he needs to figure out a better way to get more goals when UMD is on the PP :)

Bubba is just funny. His interviews on local Duluth news are pretty good. He's been known to make you scratch your head after he gives an answer and wonder "did he just say that" :)
Both Close personal Friends..... Shared alot of Beers with the boys when I owned "Dagwoods" up here for the last 17 years...

Sandy has struggled, I really wanted him to win that National Title a couple years back...

Yes, we got Dish mounted and cable run, and got it modulated to our TV sets at the Club, aimed in the right direction just needs to be tuned in....... May have Jamie Lunski (Techical Director at REA) help us a little tomorrow, like you he has done this before....

I'm starting to get a better understanding of all the numbers, that is what is intimadating understanding ths jargon and what the numbers are used for...

THanks for all your help, I will be in touch, may need help tomorrow.

honestly if you think you're close, do a power scan. That will scan the info in for whereever you are in the sky. Then we can go from there. Since there are satellites 2 degrees apart on both sides if we're close it will still scan in the info.

Let the box do most of the work :)

Ice,

Had two weddings today at the club....and I am going to both games tomorrow....will try and point this dish next week will be in touch...

thanks again for your help....

go sioux and bubba

ok sandy and the dogs too

Status
Please reply by conversation.