help with AMC 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sololuis

Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Hy guys . my system consist of coolst 5000 , 30 " offset dish with a linear LNB 0.7 noise figure I can find the near sat Echo 8 @77º with a circular LNB after this change the lnb to my linear one but I cant find the AMC5 on 79º, only found the follow channels azteca 7 & 13 , azteca america east & west , and Intelsat napa Senc4 . Couls someone tell me what satellite carry the aforementioned channels . Thanks :confused:

...only found the follow channels azteca 7 & 13...
Those are on Galaxy 25 at 93 west.
I'm thinking you actually hit the Nimiq at 91 west, it uses many of the same Transponders as the DishNet Sats.

amc 5

Those are on Galaxy 25 at 93 west.
I'm thinking you actually hit the Nimiq at 91 west, it uses many of the same Transponders as the DishNet Sats.
you are right LaK7 I hit Nimiq 91º thanks for your answer .

EchoStar 77 º advice

Hy . with my coolsat 5000 hit the nimiq 91º with a 30" offset dih with circular lnb with a quality of 97 with some surprise so tha I am localeted 100 miles south the US/Mexico border and when move the plate all the arc the lights of signal and quality come on I see green lights on echostar satelites and canadian satellites .I must clear that I dont want to see any nagra encripted signal only I want to find the EcoStar 77ª to find the next AMC5 in 79º with the linear lnb after that I found the echostar 8 . someone have a clue why lights dont come on when I pass on echostar 8 .thanks:confused:

echostar at 77w is mpeg4 and your coolsat 5000 is mpeg2

Being that close to the US/Mexico border its possible he is picking up the Echo4 (Dish Mexico) too

But as downlink mention the receiver will lock the stream if its MPEG2 or 4. When you scan channels, they will show on the radio side on a CS5000

Luis: Check dishpointer to see where your antenna should be, it'll give you info about the inclination you have to give it, assuming your setup it's leveled.

Cheers

Mike

luis do you have an active transponder entered in your receiver for AMC5? With the info entered, and using your linear lnbf you should be able to find the satellite. Try 12177 H 20,500SR it's a good strong signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts