Help with Bell ExpressVu !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sw12345

Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta
Hi Everyone,

I am a subscriber with Bell ExpressVu and I am having some problem with my satellite recently.

First of all, everything stopped working last week and I could you get any channel. Then I ran 'Check Switch' and I got the message 'Wrong Sat Unknown'. Before this problem happened, I did not even touch my dish and I don't think any body else could touch it because it was on my roof.

Then, I thought, since it complained about the wrong satellite, I tried to repoint the dish to the satellite based on the manual. Now, I am getting 'No switch box detected'.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

First step is to remove the switch, I am guessing it is an SW44.

Then connect the 91 degree LNBF directly to the receiver (NO switch, NO power inserter in the line), then peak the Dish on 91. Providing you did not touch the Skew setting, the 82 LNBF should now be getting good signal too. Re-connect the SW44, Power Inserter etc and run another check switch.

Hi Guys,

I just bought a Satellite finder and repoint the dish. Right now, I can get 100% signal from 82, but no from 91. I tried to connect LNB and receiver directly and still can only get 82 not 91. I tried to use the finder to get a better signal with 91, but not as good as 82.

Do 82 and 91 satelites at the same position? does this mean the 91 LNB is broken? or the dish is not pointing to 91?

Thanks in advance
Steven

Use aluminum foil to cover one LNBF, set first 91W - left one if looking from dish behind looking to LNBFs/sats. Then close 91 connect cable to right LNBF [82W] and check signal; don't' forget to set correct skew before tweaking.

Perhaps you'll need professional's help on place. Probably will be cheaper at the end if counting your time.

Hi Smith,

I am pretty new at satelite. Please correct me if I am wrong. Basically, you are suggesting to test each LNB separately, right? Actually, I did that and I connected each LNB with the receiver. Once I found 82, I tested it by twisting it, but did not get anything signal after I swithed to LNB for 91. The only thing I did not do was the aluminum foil. Is that the problem?

Thanks.

for the number of skew, I am not sure whether I am correct or not. According to the manual, the location is supposed to be Compass - 103.7; Elevation - 23.8; Skew - 72.2. But if do exact as the manual, I don't get a signal. My guess was the the mount position was not correct.

That's why I use a satellite finder to help me find the satellite. So I can get 100% of 82 and the channels are available. Then I twist the dish with the direct connection of LNB of 91 with different skew number, I cannot get enough signal from 91.

Steven

He will have two Legacy Duals connected with an SW-21. Bell is still using stuff from the dark ages of satellite.

sw12345,

Run a check switch with no satellite feed connected. It will come up all Xs which is ok. Unplug the receiver for about a minute and then replug.

Now look on the plastic Y-adapter that holds the LNBs. Make sure you have a direct connection to the 91 LNB. Aim using that and make sure you get the bar in the signal strength menu locked and in green. The just connect both LNBs back up to the SW-21 and run a check switch. 82 will be there automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)