HELP WITH CHOOSING THE RIGHT EQUIPEMENTS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diallodjeri

Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Washington,USA
Hi guys,
I needs help with choosing the right receiver and dish. I want a receiver that can drive the motorize dish and can do a blind scan as well. I'm not interested in be able to watch a lot of channels but I'm really interested in be able to pick signal for couple channels on IS 23 and IS 25. I would like to know the descent receiver and a descent dish that can do the job for me.

C band or Ku band (what channels?)
IS-23 is located at 53 west.
IS-25 is located at 31.5 west, and I dont think you can see it from Washington state.

If you were asking about 53 on Ku, the 36" dish and microHD receiver package from SatelliteAV.com, would be a good choice.

http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=1611&ws_cat=413

?For a motor, I would recommend looking until you find a STAB HH90.

These are the channels I want to watch
Maisha TV, Africable TV, ORTM TV and TM2 TV and like I said I would like to buy a motorized dish

If you are in Washington State, you cannot see those satellites from there. In fact those named channels are aimed at the eastern hemisphere

Hi guys,
I needs help with choosing the right receiver and dish. I want a receiver that can drive the motorize dish and can do a blind scan as well. I'm not interested in be able to watch a lot of channels but I'm really interested in be able to pick signal for couple channels on IS 23 and IS 25. I would like to know the descent receiver and a descent dish that can do the job for me.
These are the channels I want to watch
Maisha TV, Africable TV, ORTM TV and TM2 TV and like I said I would like to buy a motorized dish
diallodjeri:
How many times will you ask the same question? I count three threads you've started. I think I missed one. The answer doesn't change the more often you ask.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/317113-WHRE-TO-START-FROM

ORTM is available on Galaxy 19 Ku @ 97W.

diallodjeri:
How many times will you ask the same question? I count three threads you've started. I think I missed one. The answer doesn't change the more often you ask.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/317113-WHRE-TO-START-FROM

ORTM is available on Galaxy 19 Ku @ 97W.

This is your best bet. It seems you are looking for TV stations from Mali. Right now, neither Dish nor DirecTv offer Mali stations in an international package. I also cannot locate any streaming from Mali through the Internet or Roku at this moment, either (with the possible exception of ORTM).

You CANNOT get 31.5W or 53W from Washington state. C'est impossible! The African stations on 53W are being beamed to the Eastern Hemisphere, so we cannot get those on the east coast either! The beam on 31.5W cannot reach the West Coast. Project over :( Sad, but this is all that you can do at this time. There are many things from Europe I would like to see, but the beams do not reach my area.

Your only option is to try a Ku-band dish for 97W for ORTM. This is the only channel from Mali, but you can also receive ORTB, Tele Congo, 2M Maroc, Nigeria TV International, Canal Algerie, TV Tunis 1, Nile International TV, Southern Sudan TV, ETV, Oromiyaa TV, Al Maghribia, Somali National TV, and Emmanuel TV on this satellite. Radio France Internationale, Radio Internationale Algerie, Radio Congo, ORTB Radio, and RMC Moyen Orient also broadcast radio stations on this satellite. I am watching ORTM now and the signal is great, as always.

This is your best bet. It seems you are looking for TV stations from Mali. Right now, neither Dish nor DirecTv offer Mali stations in an international package. I also cannot locate any streaming from Mali through the Internet or Roku at this moment, either (with the possible exception of ORTM).

You CANNOT get 31.5W or 53W from Washington state. C'est impossible! The African stations on 53W are being beamed to the Eastern Hemisphere, so we cannot get those on the east coast either! The beam on 31.5W cannot reach the West Coast. Project over :( Sad, but this is all that you can do at this time. There are many things from Europe I would like to see, but the beams do not reach my area.

Your only option is to try a Ku-band dish for 97W for ORTM. This is the only channel from Mali, but you can also receive ORTB, Tele Congo, 2M Maroc, Nigeria TV International, Canal Algerie, TV Tunis 1, Nile International TV, Southern Sudan TV, ETV, Oromiyaa TV, Al Maghribia, Somali National TV, and Emmanuel TV on this satellite. Radio France Internationale, Radio Internationale Algerie, Radio Congo, ORTB Radio, and RMC Moyen Orient also broadcast radio stations on this satellite. I am watching ORTM now and the signal is great, as always.

Thank you man!
Your answer was much more clear and I see now what I can get and what I cannot.

The package I listed above will certainly get your station on 97-west, and without the expense of a motor.
Once you get some experience with it (couple of months), you could always add the motor to watch other satellites.
?

C band or Ku band (what channels?)
IS-23 is located at 53 west.
IS-25 is located at 31.5 west, and I dont think you can see it from Washington state.

If you were asking about 53 on Ku, the 36" dish and microHD receiver package from SatelliteAV.com, would be a good choice.

http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=1611&ws_cat=413

?For a motor, I would recommend looking until you find a STAB HH90.

I checked out the link you provided but I'm not sure that receiver can drive a motor because it's not mentioned any where, It can do the blind scan but I don't know about t its ability to drive a motor in case I decide to add one in future.

I checked out the link you provided but I'm not sure that receiver can drive a motor because it's not mentioned any where, It can do the blind scan but I don't know about t its ability to drive a motor in case I decide to add one in future.

Several of us here use that receiver with a small motor for Ku-band. Now if you got a huge C-band dish, you're right...you'll have to get a couple of extra components, but people here can guide you to connect those components together. The receiver works great for C-band as well.

It can drive a motor.

I, and many people here, use it with a motorized dish.

On the "MicroHD Receiver" tab page it says:
Flawless motor control for programming up to 150 satellites via USALS +/-70 degree and/or 99 assignable DiSEqC 1.2 positions.

It should get you a great picture from all the African channels on Galaxy 19. Setting up for one satellite is quite easy too and we can all help you if you have any problems.

As mentioned above, the receiver can directly operate a small dish motor for Ku.
Motor is about the size of a cantelope, and gets all power and USALS commands directly from the receiver.
To move a BUD which has a 36 volt motor, an external controller is used.
Examples are two models of Vbox, a Gbox (better), or the new and as yet unreleased box from:
http://titaniumsatellite.com/news.html
The controller box supplies 36 volts, and takes diseqc 1.2 commands from the receiver over its coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Sept. 7 update

Findlay OH ham swap meetup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)