Help with coolsat 5000 and bud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotdog842

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
What am I doing wrong? I have a 10' dish w/a c/ku general instriments reciever, I moved to 123w. tuned to a vertical transponder. unhooked the cable from my ku lnb and hooked it up to my coolsat. set lnb to single 10.750 and my signal meter is red. nothing when I blind scan. I also have a satelite finder meter in the line and have a peaked signal. Are there any other settings that I have to change on my coolsat? MY coolsat has the origional factory flash.

You say you "tuned to a vertical transponder"....is it a live transponder? What is the frequency and symbol rate?

edit: Sorry, missed the part about the blind scan. Did you try a manual scan of a known live transponder?

Also, some people have had issues with 123W due to possible interference from the sat next door @ 125W.

Are you able to get any C-band digital channels there, can you verify your dish is aimed properly?

Two more questions:
- is the LNB getting power?
- have you ever used this lashup to get Ku signals on your Coolsat in the past, or is this the first test?

(you did use the correct connector on the Coolsat . . . ) :confused: - :D

what I did was i moved my dish to G0/X0 which is also at 123w I am getting some c band stations all along the arc then I switched to ku I didn't find a live transponder at X0 i thought I could just hook up my coolsat and do a blind scan. do you have to enter the frequency and s/r on the coolsat? if so where do you do that
Thanks

I believe my dish is properly aimed as it has been up for a few years and I had a sub to X4 until it expired last year

Your fta receiver is sending 13v to the lnb instead of 18-20volts dc.
Your lnb may not be working at the lower voltage. Some lnbs do and some don't. I got lucky and mine do work at 13v. Try using a power passing splitter and let the analog box send the full voltage while you tune your coolsat.

Use a two way splitter with both a power passing port. Connect the splitter to the ku lnb cable and run a jumper from the analog box to the power pass port side of the splitter.
Now connect your coolsat to the other port of the splitter. Tune your analog box to "vertical" and then try your coolsat.

Thanks for the help all is working now, the motor in the feedhorn was shot and polarity was stuck . I changed it and all is working now. My signal meter on my coolsat registers 69. is this typical or should it be higher . I tweaked the dish position and skew but this is the highest I can get.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)