help with coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

draginknee

Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
nc
i was thinking of hooking up my dish again i have a cs 5000 and a 32in dish what lnb and software do i use and what sat can i pick up

You need a linear lnb, and no software. If you have a motorized dish, you can pick up a good number of channels from 72W to 125W and beyond on the Ku band. If no motor, it depends on what channels you are most interested in as to which sat to point at. Check out "the list" at the top of the fta section to see whats available on a given sat. The Coolsat 5000 is a highly respected fta stb, mainly because of it's blind scanning feature. I like mine.

what about fimware it was last used two years ago to watch dish and bev

Draginknee,

That would then be hackware firmware and we do not condone, support or discuss such measures here at SatelliteGuys.
Obviously, the hackware doesn't work any longer, otherwise the hackers would not have unloaded the boxes on the used
market. Regardless, it is not a good idea to keep a box equipped with it even if it doesn't function. There is a location for
obtaining aftermarket software for the CS 5K and 6K that are solely for FTA purposes: FTAFirmware for Coolsat

RADAR

That's the Fware I have on my 5000 & 6000. :up
If you do a factory reset & installs that Fware you will have to edit your Sat list there are quite a few positions missing

I have my list on another computer & don't want to wake the wife. I'll see if the site will let me load up my list. It has every sat C & Ku listed separately from 139W AMC 8 to 58W Intelsat 9

SharpC Channelmaster also supports the CS5000 indirectly ( through import -export) and the THE LIST channel set could easily be ported over to the CS5000, using ChannelMaster.
:)

acwxradar does that link for firmware reset to factory so i can get fta channels and how to i get it on cs 5000 box

yes that software posted will put the receiver back to factory specs...you may need to do a master reset to remove any old channels in there

i got my lnb today to put in my dish but it has 4 cables coming off it can someone help do i need some kind of switch and ifso what kind

what kind of switch do i use

i just got my linear lnb for my 32" dish but it has 4 cables coming off it what what kind of switch do i use

what make and model is the LNB?

if your only using one receiver you should not need any switch at all

its a linear lnb if i dont need a switch witch one of the 4 cables do i use coming off the lnb

what kind of LNB is it?
which model?

Most LNB's may have more than one port on it but you only need one output for a single reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)