Help with digipower sg2100 dish motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
Today I put together my motorized dish using a nfusion nova stb.The motor was set to the '0' position.I entered the installation section on kbox menu and selected motor.I started moving motor east to west.I then selected center position on menu and it started moving all the way west and kept going and I finally shut off the box just as the dish started making contact with the arms holding the pole.I then powered stb again and tried moving east but it hardly moved.I then disconnected the dish from the motor mount so no damage occurs.I then pressed east but it only went from 70 to 30 was unable to reach 0.I can go all theway west but not east.So I shut down the STB and disconnected and reconnected the rg6 cables on LNB and STB,restarted STB but now motor did not move at all? I left it as is and headed to work.

I hope I did not burn out the motor or something but does
anyone know why I couldnt move west to east or at least back to '0' anymore?
Is there a way I can move the motor shaft manually back to '0' without using the STB?

You will probably want to start all over on the set-up. To clear the current information stored in the motor by your STB; cut the power to the motor, press both the East & West buttons at the same time, turn on the power to the motor. The LED will turn Orange then stop blinking, this indicates you have cleared your motor.

You may wish to set the motor East/West limits manually. To do this press the East button until it has reached the East end of the arc, be careful not to go past the mechanical stop, same with the West limit. Once set use your set top box to locate the sats. Also, suggest you use the USALs function on the STB. it will help you locate sats.

Best of luck,

Phoxx

You will probably want to start all over on the set-up. To clear the current information stored in the motor by your STB; cut the power to the motor, press both the East & West buttons at the same time, turn on the power to the motor. The LED will turn Orange then stop blinking, this indicates you have cleared your motor.

You may wish to set the motor East/West limits manually. To do this press the East button until it has reached the East end of the arc, be careful not to go past the mechanical stop, same with the West limit. Once set use your set top box to locate the sats. Also, suggest you use the USALs function on the STB. it will help you locate sats.

Best of luck,

Phoxx

Just curious, when you say press both east and west buttons are you referring to the buttons on the remote control or are there buttons on the motor itself that maybe I did not recognize yet?

There's either one or two buttons on the motor itself, depending upon the generation of the motor itself. With stb voltage ( or even a battery pack ) you can manually move the motor. A pic of the underside of the motor ( the connnections area, etc ) would be real useful.
:)

Just curious, when you say press both east and west buttons are you referring to the buttons on the remote control or are there buttons on the motor itself that maybe I did not recognize yet?
On the SG 2100, isn't there a reset button through a pin hole? It is there on mine.

I know there is a recessed reset button on the single button model of the SG2100 ( which I used to have ) . I'm not sure about the two button model.

the "two button model" that you are referring to is a CLONE...

an origional...authentic SG2100 motor only has ONE manual button on it

Best of luck,

Phoxx

I believe I have the orginal motor since it has 1 button.When I press the button it only goes west for some reason as I want it to go east since it passed the 80 mark of the west side. I can also press the reset button using a pin to reset the stb settings but just curious to see if there was a way for the motor to go east by pressing the button instead of west.

Also when using USALS, my longitude is -96 but USALS does not give me an option to add a '-' in front of the 96.So Im basically inpuuting a positive 96 is that ok or is there a way to add a minus?

How i did it

Nfusion Nova, sg2100, Fortec 120cm dish, Invacom qph-031.
set mast level and plumb, set motor to "0" position, aim dish at true south not magnetic south, go into rcvr select proper lnb, select frequency range fo lnb, set long. and lat in usals, select 97w and allow rcvr to move motor, using sat meter fine tune signal for dish at that location. once done every time you select a bird using usals it will auto lock once in position. worked for me. one more key factor. set true south for azimuth, and set elevation on dish based on latitude minus your declination angle. then position it and peak it in. it should be basic push pull to fine tune.

I believe I have the orginal motor since it has 1 button.When I press the button it only goes west for some reason as I want it to go east since it passed the 80 mark of the west side. I can also press the reset button using a pin to reset the stb settings but just curious to see if there was a way for the motor to go east by pressing the button instead of west.

Also when using USALS, my longitude is -96 but USALS does not give me an option to add a '-' in front of the 96.So Im basically inpuuting a positive 96 is that ok or is there a way to add a minus?

The single button should make the motor travel in either direction. You have to use a double push, correctly timed, to get it to go the other direction. Try that, see if you can get it to zero, then do the reset sequence.
Here's a link to the manual, if you don't have one. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/31839-motek-sg2100-motor-user-manual-now.html .

Last edited:

forget about the minus you dont need it...all you need to MAKE SURE is you set your longitude to WEST and not EAST...and set your latitude to NORTH and not SOUTH...this is assuming you are located in north america...

forget about the minus you dont need it...all you need to MAKE SURE is you set your longitude to WEST and not EAST...and set your latitude to NORTH and not SOUTH...this is assuming you are located in north america...

Here's an update on what I did today.

-After installation,moved dish from garage to yard.Also set the tv and reciever outside as well to make it easier finding 97W.
-I set the lat/long using Usals(lat=33N,long=97W),pressed 'go to sat'on stb but for some reason the motor kept rotating west until I stopped it at the 80 mark.
-Set motor to '0' manually again and left it there(south) since that was where Im aiming for 97W.Still unable to see 97W so I removed the motor from the dish.
-Aimed dish for 97W and got S/Q but the lock on the stb says 'No NETID' for some reason even though I verified that was 97W after scanning channels?

Now what I would like to do is combine 97W sat with my dish sub.Is that possible or will I need to use a seperate switch and reciever?

Current dish set-up is 110/119/118/121 using a DP44 switch. what options do I have in combing both using least cables as possible?

Get an Ecoda 22KHz switch(es), connect output from DPP44 to 0KHz side and other cable from the new 97 to the 22KHz side then out to your receiver. You must enable or turn on 22KHz tone for Sat 97 on your Antenna setting.

Get an Ecoda 22KHz switch(es), connect output from DPP44 to 0KHz side and other cable from the new 97 to the 22KHz side then out to your receiver. You must enable or turn on 22KHz tone for Sat 97 on your Antenna setting.

I was doing some reading in the forum about switches and it states that a 22khz switch will not work with a universal LNB.Since I am using a universal LNB on my dish, Im guessing this will not work and I will need to install a standard linear LNB instead?
Here is the diagram.

attachment.php

I was doing some reading in the forum about switches and it states that a 22khz switch will not work with a universal LNB.Since I am using a universal LNB on my dish, Im guessing this will not work and I will need to install a standard linear LNB instead?
Here is the diagram.

attachment.php

this is true in some cases because some universal LNBs use the 22khz setting to switch between the high and low bands

Thanks, Mike for the correct answer.

BTW, this set up will only work with FTA receivers, not intended for providers' receivers. I apologize if I have not make this clear enough in my post.

Thanks, Mike for the correct answer.

BTW, this set up will only work with FTA receivers, not intended for providers' receivers. I apologize if I have not make this clear enough in my post.

Well I already made the purchase a few days ago but Im taking it from your comments now that the 22khz switch will not work with the dpp44 switch and dishnetwork reciever and only works with fta equipment?
If so, then is there not a way to connect my fta dish and provider dish together using dishnetwork reciever?

If not then I guess I will just have to extend the rg6 cable all the way to the family room and set the fta reciever on top of the provider reciever and use a a/b switch to switch from fta to sub.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)