Help with Directv D11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smartasswhiteboy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
I hope someone can help me. I have an RV with a KVH Tracvision SF dish and a Directv D11 receiver. I have never used either before now. My brother was using the receiver and I know it worked a week ago. The satelite receiver says to set the type of dish( #of LNB's which I assume is one) and zip code. Then it shows the signal strength meter. I don't know which satelite and transponders I am supposed to be looking at. It picks up some but when i leave that screen it says it faile to receive signal. Can anybody tell me which satelite and transponders I should be pickking up?:mad:

I dont believe the D11 can properly use the KVH Tracvision SF dish without another device. I may be wrong, but what rec was your brother using? I am guessing it is showing Odd transponders on the 101 as ZERO?

The D10 and most RCA/Phillips and Hughes boxes have a Low Speed Data Port..

d10back2.jpg

The D11 and above does not.

D11_det_zoomA.gif
D11_det_zoomC.gif

He has a D11. What "other device" do you mean? We are planning a trip soon in my RV. I have never used the sat dish on the roof because I have cable. He is a Directv guy and we figured when we go to Daytona this year we should take his receiver. But i can't get it to work. I hope it didn't get damaged transporting to my house before we ever got to use it.

The D10 was the last box made with the low speed data port thet works with your tracvision. Contact your RV dealer they maybe able to help you with connecting receivers to the system.

I can tell you that the D11 will work portably with the simple "original" D* dish. I use that receiver for my tailgates all the time and it's super simple. If you are not concerned about being able to view while moving, the simplest thing might be to buy (for <$20) a dish and set it up once you've arrived. I must admit that I don't know anything about the Tracvision SF, though so I guess this is not much help. :cool:

The D10 was the last box made with the low speed data port thet works with your tracvision. Contact your RV dealer they maybe able to help you with connecting receivers to the system.
My RV dealer I wouldn't trust to make a bologna sandwhich!
The D10 is the only one I've found that has this port. I'm trying to find out if its the only one or not. Thanks

If you go back and read the third post you will find the information you are asking. They will all be older long ago discontinued models.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)