Help with :Directv Sl3 Slimline Four Out Ka/ku Slim Line LNB (Sl3)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Housni

Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Eden,Wisconsin
Hi guys.Someone give me today a dish Direct tv 33 inch SLIM LINE, the dish miss the LNB , I looked online to see if i can find one bracket and LNB,I did found this one :(Directv si3 slimline four out/ku slim line lnb(si3)) and i think this is the one can work with this dish,I need you please to tell me if this dish and this braket can receive the FTA OR NO and if this is legal to use the equipments for direct tv to receive FTA I'm from wisconsin but originally from other country so I don't want to break the law
Thanks
[h=1][/h]

The original LNBFs for that dish are specific to DirecTV, and will NOT receive FTA.
You would need an LNBF like the first (or second) on this page:
http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_cat=433

Those dishes are often left behind when a customer moves.
They are abandoned.
So there is no problem having one.

As to mounting your own LNBF, that is a subject covered many times.
I'm sure someone will post a link to a thread where a dish like yours was converted to FTA.

You will need a receiver.
What sort of ethnic programming (or other material) are you interested in?
We can recommend a satellite, and a receiver for you. ;)

Edit: some programming may require a larger dish.

Thanks Anole for your response,I do have a receiver and i just want to receive Arab channel in Galaxy 19, i just want to tell you the link you did give it to me is not working so please if you can just give me the names and i will look online
Thanks

One of our sponsors, SatelliteAV . Com
Look under Products, then under
LNBFs and Brackets

LNBF - SL1PLL - GEOSATpro SINGLE STANDARD KU PHASE LOCKED LOOP

The problem is i need to find HOLDER car fit this dish because is miss the HOLDERS i find some but i'm not sure if is the right one or no please help if you have any ideas .....Thanks

I believe the best mod for a Slimline LNBF holder is a conduit clamp. People seem to have success using them, and they are adjustable. I usually wouldn't recommend a mod project to someone just starting out in the hobby though...

Housni look up my threads on slimline mods and it will tell you what you need to change your dish around to use it for FTA. But the results are with a 1 meter or a 36'' dish. If you have questions just send me a message ok.

Dan Rose

FTA on Slimline dish

I have heard that you can definitely receive FTA from Galaxy 19 on a Slimline dish. Here is a universal holder that might work: hypermegasat dot com Replace dot with period and no spaces. Look in lnb brackets section for the universal single LNB bracket for $3.95. You must put the LNB at the focus point of the dish. You need just a standard Ku band linear LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts