Help with DVR Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Hi. I just got my system installed yesterday and I have a question on my DVR remote. I have programmed it (with all 18 remote control numbers listed) and I can get the remote to control my RCA projection 52" TV... BUT... when I turn on the TV with the ON button (in the upper right hand corner of the remote) it turns on the DVR and the TV... BUT the TV comes on to channel 003 - which the DVR is setup so that it is one of the video inputs!! So you get just snow displayed on the screen until you push the TV input button and change it back to video 1 input. Is there a way to have the remote NOT change the channel when I turn it on? If I use the TV remote control to turn it on, all is well... comes on to Video 1 just like it should... so the Directv remote is sending out some sort of signal to change it to channel 3.

Hi. I just got my system installed yesterday and I have a question on my DVR remote. I have programmed it (with all 18 remote control numbers listed) and I can get the remote to control my RCA projection 52" TV... BUT... when I turn on the TV with the ON button (in the upper right hand corner of the remote) it turns on the DVR and the TV... BUT the TV comes on to channel 003 - which the DVR is setup so that it is one of the video inputs!! So you get just snow displayed on the screen until you push the TV input button and change it back to video 1 input. Is there a way to have the remote NOT change the channel when I turn it on? If I use the TV remote control to turn it on, all is well... comes on to Video 1 just like it should... so the Directv remote is sending out some sort of signal to change it to channel 3.

Although you found a code to work your set up, chances are that there are more than one, not always, but check and see if there is another code to work it, this will probably fix yoour situation if you find another one, it just turns out that more than one code worked for you, the first working one is not always the best.

jimbo

I tried all 18 codes... about 8 of the codes actually worked... but with all of them, the tv turns on with channel 3 instead of the video in... so all the working codes did the same thing.

I tried all 18 codes... about 8 of the codes actually worked... but with all of them, the tv turns on with channel 3 instead of the video in... so all the working codes did the same thing.

Hmmm.
Unfortunatly it looks like your out of luck,
Unless your interested in getting a different remote.
Alot of people seem to like the Harmony remotes ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts