help with g28 byu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I am very new to FTA but having fun. Spending way too much time on it though. I have a coosat 5000 platinum, and a superdish with the fss lnbf pointed at 89w. I can get the "abc news now" channel which is listed as vertical. How do I modify the lnbf to Horizontal to get the byu channel?

The problem with the Coolsat 5000 is bandstacked it whacks out the setup. I took my C-Band LNB that was bandstacked and set it for OCS and did a blind scan

Dang thing scanned from 3000-4800 and logged every channel twice (once at its "normal" spot and once at either 600 above or 600 below its "legit" frequency

Best scenerio with a Superdish and KU....set the LNB LO to 13850 and scan JUST vertical. Sure the frequency will be weird but it works

If you must do a manual scan and keep the LNB LO at 10750 then take the frequency (11780), take it from 24600 and turn the polarity to V...so it would be
12820 V 29000

If you want to use the OCS setting the frequencies need to be 10750/13850

Thanks Iceberg, I am new to this. I have installed dishnet/dtv for almost 4 years, but FTA is totally different. I dont know the Jargon for one. I would really like some help but I am not able to pick up on what you are trying to tell me and I really feel dumb. I have tried doing everything you have told me to the best of my understanding but I still only get about three channels of abc news. I guess what I am asking is can you dumb it down for me? thanks Jason

OK....couple ways to do it

easiest way is this....in your dish settings where it says "LNB Freq" its right now 10750..change to 13850 (as shown in pic below).
Save it

Then do a blind scan but only scan V side

Attachments

• IM000482.jpg
    IM000482.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 155
second way is to leave the LNB frequency as is but in the blind scan change the info to such

select the TP range and change it to 11700 to 12900 and hit OK
scroll down to "pol" and select "v"
hit OK

should allow it to pop in

Attachments

• IM000489.jpg
    IM000489.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 146
3rd option is manual scan

menu
installation
manual scan

enter the info EXACTLY as shown in pic below (I think its green button to add a transponder..I forget..not near box right now)...when you enter the info the bars should turn green

hit OK and it will scan it in

Attachments

• IM000490.jpg
    IM000490.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 142
Thanks Iceberg, doing this with the manual scan reveals that my signal quality it is in the red (5-7%). I will adjust my dish and then try again. May be a few days from now. Going back on the road till saturday or sunday. thanks Jason

whoa hold on..then something isnt right possibly in my formula ;)

what kind of signal quality (not strength) do you get on the ABC NewsNow channel?

whoa hold on..then something isnt right possibly in my formula ;)

what kind of signal quality (not strength) do you get on the ABC NewsNow channel?

Use 12480 H 29000 for BYU on a band stacked FSS Dish Pro LNBF.

I think the Dish Pro upper band offset is 700mhz not the usual 600mhz. My understanding is the superdish FSS LNB stacking is just like the DBS DP except for the LO of 10750. While some 3rd party PDFs have 1550-2050 listed, Dish's PDF says 1650-2150 for the upper band. At least according to Google. :)

Because on Ku DP the LO is lower than the TP frequency you'll *add* 700mhz to the TP. This has the effect of adding 700mhz to the intermediate frequency by subtracting the LO from a 700mhz higher number. This is basically opposite C-Band which subtracts the frequency from the LO. So with C-Band you want to reduce the TP amount subtracted from the LO to raise the intermediate frequency. Sorry kind of confusing explanation there, but here is the calculation.

With standard unstacked, using LO 10750, BYU and ABC News Now:
11780 - 10750 = 1030 mhz I/F
11955 - 10750 = 1205 mhz I/F

With stacked, using LO 10750 and the above transponders you add 700mhz to the horizontal transponder:
12480 - 10750 = 1730 mhz I/F
11955 - 10750 = 1205 mhz I/F (the same stacked or unstacked)

On non voltage switching band-stacked LNB, I would suggest using horizontal instead of vertical since you will get 18V to the LNB. This is more distance tolerant and reduces the risk of voltage sag at the LNB. Also your motor
will move quicker if you have it motorized as the tip of the Iceberg pointed out. :)

For blind scanning with a 10750 LO just scan 11700 - 12900 horizontal. This scans the normal Ku vertical at 11700-12200 and the stacked horizontal 700mhz above this at 12400 - 12900.

thanks much Iceberg

Iceberg, the manual scan worked after I adjusted the dish. Thank you very much for your help. Jason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)