Help with Glorystar 200 instal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

forest53

Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
central Minnesota
This is my first satellite system and need help with a problem.The signal is 80 and the signal quality is 40-45 is as high as I can get. I used the string test ,the string is touching. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks doug

I would do several things.

First, I would use the strongest TP for pointing - - - For 97W the strongest TP should be 12152 H 20000
Next - - - If not on the satellite yet - - - use Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com in order to get close

Use a systematic approach and make small changes when you start to get close.

Your quality needs to go higher - - - but you may be very close now - - - systematically make very small changes.

More details on the problem and exactly what has been done so far may also help - - - identify the issue.

BTW, :welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

Last edited:
Are you installing a Glorystar system for Glorystar only (97W) or a motorized for an advanced setup?

What transponder are you getting the 40-45 on?
I notice Central MN as location...where ya located (general area)

forest53 said:
The signal is 80 and the signal quality is 40-45 is as high as I can get.

What color is the Signal Quality reading bar? Is this Signal Quality reading of 40 - 45% on channel 901 (RT News)? If so, do you have programming showing on your TV from RT News?

If the receiver is on channel 901, no programming is displayed and you have Signal Quality and the bar color is not green, the dish is aimed to the wrong satellite. The LNBF rotation (SKEW) is not set to the angle and the dish is aimed to a different compass reading than was printed on the aiming coordinates provided with the Glorystar system.

If you are on channel 901 and seeing a Signal Quality reading (not green color) with no programming the dish is pointed to the 103W satellite and not 97W satellite. For your region, set the LNBF rotation to 4.5 degrees counter clockwise (standing in front of the dish turn to the left), slightly increase the elevation by a degree and pan 10 degrees towards the East. The Signal Quality should turn green color and RT News programming should be displayed.

Last edited:
The skew for 97W in MN is about 4 or 5 so even if its pointed at 0 it should get some signal

I Have channel 901 on (rt news) no green on bars .The setting that is on the print out from Glorystar is+3.34.
I will try your suggestions on monday
Thanks guys

Thanks for heading me in the right direction for sat 19 . For channel 901 the S-80 Q-65 channel 106 S80-Q 70 and channel 113 is S76 Q60 . Are the numbers good or should I tune more? I must have walked 5 miles tuning the dish, well I need the workout. Iceberg I live about 45 miles east of St Cloud , Huskies territory.Thanks for all the help.

Those numbers look good but if you want to fine tune a little more you can. I dont have my 200 around anymore (relative has it) but those numbers sound real close to what I use to have

I must have walked 5 miles tuning the dish, well I need the workout.

You mean that you were aiming your dish without having a portable TV displaying the Signal Meter set up beside the dish? Wow .....That is near impossible! I wouldn't even try to attempt to do that...

Congrats on lucking out and finding the satellite! :cool:

forest53 said:
Would a old b/w 15" tv help with tuning the satellite? Also if I wont to find a 2nd satellite is it better add a dish or install a motor.

On a B&W you wouldn't be able to see the Signal Quality bar turn green, so that would introduce some possibility of confusion, but it would at least provide you with a meter at the dish.

Depends on which satellite you wish to add. If the additional satellite is SES1 just purchase the dual clamp http://www.glorystar.tv/p/shop/?ws_pid=456&ws_cat=433 . If it is another satellite within 12-15 degrees of Galaxy19, use the adjustable LNBF bracket http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=659&ws_cat=433 and a switch. If the additional satellite is further away or you wish to receive additional satellites, consider a motor or another dish http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=979&ws_cat=517

Good luck with your project!

You mean that you were aiming your dish without having a portable TV displaying the Signal Meter set up beside the dish? Wow .....That is near impossible! I wouldn't even try to attempt to do that...

Congrats on lucking out and finding the satellite! :cool:

One time while setting up a dish, I lucked out and set the dish visually where I thought it should be in relation to my others. Of course, I anticipated having to bring out the portable TV and receiver. Imagine my surprise when, upon entering the house, I saw a picture on my main system with low but watchable quality! I should have bought Powerball lottery tickets that day!

I've done that with the ghetto moved C_Band dish. Dropped it in the driveway and be on the sat....low signal but on it
Too bad that dont work when its -15 out ;)

Perform a factory reset and activate in the advanced mode. The default satellite is Galaxy19-ku and standard LNBF. Select Channel Search and change the scan type to Blind Scan then select FTA then scan. The receiver will log all active free tv and radio channels available on Galaxy19.

Remember that in the advanced mode, you will be completely in control of the receiver and the firmware and the Glorystar channel list will not automatically update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts