Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fairway Fatty

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Va
Looking for some diagnostic help. H20 receiver is ~4yrs old or more:

HDTV with H20 Receiver working last night. This evening turned on and nothing but audio.
Turnedon DVD player and working fine. Connected the DVD HDMI and connect to the H20...no video just audio. Tried Component video out of H20 box to Component video input on TV... no video just audio. Oddly enough the S-Video works (SD).

Are there 2 tuners in these receivers? - (1 for HDMI and Component) and 1 for Coax, S and Composite)

Is it possible the HDMI and Component Video outputs would fail but not the S-Video and Coax? Just curious to understand before I call customer service.

Thanks for any help.

FF

My HDMI output stopped working yesterday and a reset fixed it. Try that and if it doesn't help it may be time for a replacement.

Looking for some diagnostic help. H20 receiver is ~4yrs old or more:

HDTV with H20 Receiver working last night. This evening turned on and nothing but audio.
Turnedon DVD player and working fine. Connected the DVD HDMI and connect to the H20...no video just audio. Tried Component video out of H20 box to Component video input on TV... no video just audio. Oddly enough the S-Video works (SD).

Are there 2 tuners in these receivers? - (1 for HDMI and Component) and 1 for Coax, S and Composite)

Is it possible the HDMI and Component Video outputs would fail but not the S-Video and Coax? Just curious to understand before I call customer service.

Thanks for any help.

FF

There is only one tuner in the H series boxes. Make sure when you call Directv that they agree the unit is defective and needs to be replaced, and that there is no commitment involved, since replacing defective leased equipment doesn't extend your commitment.

I tried resetting the receiver several times.

Thanks for the advice on replacement receiver potentially initiating new contract. I was told that it would not because I have no current contract but I do have the monthly maintenance agreement which allows me replacement without contract renewal.

I called last night around 9:15PM and did "troubleshoot" with tech support and was told the H20 was bad. (It’s pretty old and lately seemed hot to the touch!) I was then told I'd receive confirmation number email for the replacement and to call for tracking number and that the replacement was shipping tomorrow (today).

Well… no emailed confirmations number this evening....nothing. Called DirecTv for the tracking number........Customer service said they don’t have tracking number “yet” and they don’t know if it shipped and said would need to transfer me to Tech Support as maybe they can give track number......Tech support says yes we have your confirmation number from your call last night, and yes we have shipped replacement receiver but don’t have a tracking number. Why don’t you have track number?....don’t know…. I was then told to call FedEx for the tracking number….what the? I couldn’t take that one and asked for supervisor. Super tells me….. well it hasn’t shipped but maybe will ship tomorrow can’t tell yet call tomorrow to check… I asked to expedite….can’t do that asked why not….just can’t….can I speak to another supervisor or manager to try and expedite…no there’s no one else here higher than me - then told me there was no relevance in speaking to anyone else anyway. He kept talking over me finally I asked to speak to the cancellation department….. he said I am the cancellation department too….. I said so you are tech support and cancellation? Yup…you want to cancel? all you need to do is pay this months bill. I said we just paid our bill on 11/29 he said we bill in advance and need to pay next bill cycle I said if I pay then cancel will I be refunded for the unused portion of next month and he said no…we don’t do refunds. I about had it by then told him I was an 8 year subscriber and didn’t appreciate him talking over me and that his tone was unacceptable. He kept saying…Have I answered all your questions this evening? And my reply was I would like to speak to another supervisor…then he hung up on me!

Anyway....I have 5 receivers with DirecTv per month with Choice Plus for 8 years ($$$$) and then have to hear crap like that from that guy? No more.

Is it true I need to subscribe to Dish before they will come to validate satellite dish clear path? I have tree line but DirecTv trajectory clears it but I heard Dish is lower to the horizon. Anyone have any ideas on how to verify the clear path of signal. I hate to go through hassle of paying just to get someone out to my house.

Sorry for the rant...... just tired of poor customer service. I know the other guys probably no better but after 8 years its worth a try. FF

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, but it does happen sometimes. Perhaps you could try calling back and talk to someone different. Either way, I hope you get the service you deserve. BTW, the protection plan has nothing to do with whether or not you incur a contract extension. The only affect it has on receiver/dvr exchange is guaranteeing you don't pay shipping.

Chip - Does that mean by receiving a replacement for a faulty receiver my contract will auto renew!!??
Thanks.FF

Chip - Does that mean by receiving a replacement for a faulty receiver my contract will auto renew!!??
Thanks.FF

No! Like bayoubrut said, exchanging a defective box doesn't get you a new commitment. The only exception is if you own the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)