Attachments

• Positive.jpg
    Positive.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Negative.jpg
    Negative.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 271
for Iceberg

I still have problems getting hispasat, but i know now that my LNB works. Iaim the the dish to Horizon Bird and have signal, but don't get anything on hispasat. my question is if I have my dish on the highest part of the roof. Will a pal tree about 10 feet higher than the roof 75 to 100 feet away will interfere with signal. is not inthe middle looking into th horizon.:)

nah. The dishes actually "see" about 22-25 degrees higher than what it looks like when you aim the dish. Hence the name "offset dish"

yes, but the dish at 27.3 elevation looks like properly level, it like seems that there is not elevation at all.

understandable...where I live its 9 elevation...thats the dish on the right in the first pic :)
(the one on the left is at 148W)

Attachments

• 000_0152.jpg
    000_0152.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 000_0153.jpg
    000_0153.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 98
Here is a good example of an offset and a prime focus

The dish in the background (the 6 footer) is at G4 which is near my true south satellite (the satellite that is highest in the sky for me)...its at 38 degrees. See how it looks

now the grey one next to it is at 97/93. Its also at 38 degrees but since its offset it looks straight up and down. That dish is aimed directly at my house but the offset being higher the signal comes above it (basically off the roof)

Attachments

• 000_0444.jpg
    000_0444.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 000_0447.jpg
    000_0447.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 97
I still have problems getting hispasat, but i know now that my LNB works. Iaim the the dish to Horizon Bird and have signal, but don't get anything on hispasat. my question is if I have my dish on the highest part of the roof. Will a pal tree about 10 feet higher than the roof 75 to 100 feet away will interfere with signal. is not inthe middle looking into th horizon.:)

You're getting signal on Horizons 2 @ 74.0 west , so if you scan you get ONN Ohio News Network , just want to make sure you're getting quality signal and have scanned in a few channels. Yes/No ?

As to the Palm tree , that depends if it's a Cuban Royal Palm or a Date Palm .......
LOL ...... I know my Palms and size matters.
Getting around the issue of the palm tree might require moving dish just a few feet east or west and not neccesarily the roof , I suggest this because we are currently in the Hurricane season and I'd hate to see you climbing on the rooftop when the weather gets bad which is often at the end of summer .

Keep us informed on your progress tscooter.

for Iceberg

Have questions: first if the bottom of my dish is below the tip of my roof will be the problem why i only get 10 channesl. example the lnb is almost level with the top of the roof.

thanks for all the help

You're getting 10 channels from what satellite ?
Are they all vertical or horizontal ?

The way the signal comes in on an offset dish I would think that what you're describing with your roof not to be as much of an issue , Floridian houses don't have a very pitched roof and the Satellite your trying to get doesn't require you to go very low with the elevation.

Since more information is needed from you to completely answer your question I hope you write back soon.

10 channels

the only on set up that shows hispasat as the sat is11884

i scan this differerent frecuencies.11771,11787,11811 all V.

11967,12132,12172,12181 all h.

and the most voltage that iget with the digital finder is 45.3 to 46.

any suggestions. elevation is ok so is the azimuth. get some cuban channels and few spanish.

Maybe the problem is that you have a ViewSat VS 2000 receiver , I'm not that familiar with it but it might not really have TRUE Blindscan capabilities.

So if you can please enter the frequencies manually and then see what happens.

Freq / Pol / SR

11930 V 2220 TV LIbre
11936 V 5185
. Canal Universitario
. Telecaribe
12052 V 27500 RTVE/ Canales de España

12132 H 27500 Arabic Channels/ Over 10 TV and Radio Channels

12146 V 4200 Canal 7
12156 V 2222 Canal 6 cooperativa
12159 V 2348 Canal Luz
12169 V 5240 Supreme Master Tv / Various Radio stations

12172 H 27500
. TV Marti
. TV Canarias Internacional
. 2M Monde
. Press TV
. Kuwait Channel
. Various Radio

12173 V 2222 Canal 21
12180 V 2340 Encuentro ( Argentina Educational )

Once you have more channels in your receiver pick a channel that comes in very weak and see if you can fine tune your dish a little better.

Keep us posted on your success and write back soon. :)

10 channels

are those you have listed all the channels that hispasat can get?there not alot of channels.

on lynsat i see listed a lot more channels, like canarias has 2 0r 3, also madrid tv. correct me if i am wrong.

Hispasat has dual footprint...a fair amount is aimed towards Europe which we cannot get.

Check trhe right column on Lyngsat...it has to say "North America" for us to see it

10 channels

thanks for the explanation, you guys been a good help. one more questions to wrap this up. there are 2 or 3 channels that are listed but no video or audio, and there are 1 or audio no video, is is possible to get around this?

:up

thanks for the explanation, you guys been a good help. one more questions to wrap this up. there are 2 or 3 channels that are listed but no video or audio, and there are 1 or audio no video, is is possible to get around this?
:up

Antena 3 has Powervu encryption , no way around this audio only
RFI ? audio only is actually a Radio duplicate that shows up as TV channel

TV Marti has been testing encryption lately during some baseball programming or at least that's what it sounds like , I find it very odd that they do this.

Cuba has 2 TV channels encrypted , Multivision and TV Havana.

The list needs updating , I'll try to get around to sending a corrected update within the next couple of weeks.

At one time RTVE Paquete Digital had a subscription package for the U.S. , Sadoun even had a link to the site , anyways it required a card and gave access to TVE channels , I read somewhere where somebody had a card and said they watched Antena 3 also , I found that interesting .

tscooter , I'm glad you're having success ...... if you can let us know what problems were corrected by our advice to you it would also be beneficial to others who may encounter same problem later.

Did blindscanning w/ VS 2000 not give you the channels you were looking for?
Did Manual entry of Frequencies help you get more channels with the VS 2000 ?

Was there anything that you did wrong that was corrected by our expert staff and helpfull members?

Was there any problems regarding Palm trees or your pitched roof ?

Good luck and I'm glad that we could help you.................................. Jayelem

lost all channels

hi guys, lost everything signal channels, so before i did any adjustments i attached the digital meter, if close the dish over current, if attached far away from dish no strengh at all, is my lnb gone?

Coñete..... What happened ?

Sorry but I don't really understand your question .
What is this Digital meter ? and what do you mean " if close the dish over current "

I don't think your LNB is broken .

What happened exactly ? Did you just wake up one morning and find no signal quality .

I know it might be tedious but you might wan't to follow the same steps you took to find Hispasat and be sure to check your connections , if you had any storms with high winds your dish may just be out of allignment.

lnb

when i did tune the dish the day before i was getting all the channels, the following day nothning, so i attached the signal meter ( digital) was getting around a 50 of signal. now when iattach the meter near the dish, i am getting a message "over current" and id done away from dish i get no signal at all.

1st try: turn off the STB from the switch on back or by unpluging it. When turned back on, is it still overcurrent? if it should be working again - end>
2nd try: Turn of STB and disconnect cable from LNB. Turn STB back on. Is it still over current? if so, Turn STB off and disconnect and inspect cable at both ends for shorts. Leave disconnected from meter and turn on and see if still overcurrent. (Probably not). so turn off and reconnect meter end of coax. and turn on. If not over current, turn off STB, reconnect LNB and turn back on. If goes back to overcurrent, LNB is probably defective. BTW, if you have a switch inline, I would suspect a failure there.
HTH
POP

I wasn't familiar with the digital signal meter , I have a Analog meter so I didn't know about the over current .

Try advice as rv1pop suggested and I hope you get going again , please keep us informed on your success troubleshooting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts