Help with install of 332

crypto221

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 4, 2005
i have a dish 500 with one 811 i have two dishs one for 61.5 and the other 110 and 119 i am adding two 332 and with the help of this fourm they told me to use a dpp44 switch but what i need an answer for is the sat with 110 and 119 their is only one cable comming out of the LNB. Do i need to add another cable since i am adding 2 322 to the system of add another cable off the LNB. When installing the switch should i put the 811 in the line with the power inserter or move it to number 4 on the switch?

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I need to know what kind of lnbf's you have, (IE legacy, dishpro, dishpro plus, single, dual, twin, quad ) knowing this will help.

If you have dishpro single, dual, twin, and quad then you would only need a total of two lines coming from the dish 500 ( 119, 110 ) to the dpp44 and one line from your dish 300 (61.5). With the quad you have to make sure that the coax from port one on the lnbf goes to port one on the switch and port two to port two and the 61.5 coax goes to port three. If you have legacy lnbfs I would recommend upgrading the dish 500 to a dishpro plus twin and a dishpro dual lnbf on the 61.5, run a single coax from the 61.5 to the single port on the dishpro plus twin and then you run two coax lines from the dpp twin into your house, one line goes to one 322 and the other to the second 322. Your 322's if new will come with dishpro seperators that will need to go on the end of the coax run to mirror the signal. All you have to do at this point is run the second tuner output to your remote tv.

crypto221

Sep 4, 2005
I think i have a dishpro twin. i called dish network and they told me i have to run a second cable from the LNB to the switch will the LNB work with the dpp44 switch?. When i called dish they said i can't use the dpp44 switch cause i will lose the 5th receiver meaning i can't run one line to each dish322 receiver and use seperators they want me to use two dp34 switches. If it works using one line and using seperators why don't dish network install them line that?

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
you can use a dishpro twin on a dpp44 switch and run 8 tv's off it if you had 4 dual tuners. All you will need to do is get the switch plus 2 seperators for the 322's, and the third reciever for the fifth tv. The lone reciever will will be the one that you want to place the power inserter and transformer, the rest is explained above, if you have anymore problems just ask for help here.

Most likely the csr either didnt know what they were talking about or was trying to bump up theyr sales record by making you spend $280 on two switchs when you can get a dpp44 for around $170 or check with claudes dish store by clicking the link found throughout this site and Im sure you can get it even cheaper.

crypto221

Sep 4, 2005
Thanks for the help and wish me luck for things to go smooth i ran all the cable just waiting for the dpp44 switch to come in the mail i want to say thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)