Help with Manhattan Skyline 1000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I manually move my Dish between AMC4 and IA5.

As you can see where it says Satellite IA5 (0.0)

On Satellite AMC4 (101.0W) I get this.

I have read the manual though and can not find how to change that (0.0) on IA5 to (97.0)

Also I get 85% Signal strength on all IA5 english channels with quality at 100% is that good?

Attachments

• IA5.jpg
    IA5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 226
  • AMC4.jpg
    AMC4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Cap00.jpg
    Cap00.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:
I made the pictures thumbnails so our dial up friends dont blow up their computers :)

As for the questions...does the receiver have USALS? If so, you can edit satellite name via that way. Go into USALS and number the satellite (97.0) and then you can go back to Diseqc 1.2
I do that with my Coolsat when I add a new satellite :)

and yes 100% quality is good....that is the max :D

Ice,

It says STAB USALS on the front of the recieiver. I went to the Diseqc 1.3 USALS menu when selecting it, it says Dish is moving, but I'm not ables to change any settings? Is it possible that I need a dish positioner to enter the (97.0) ?

I have an SG2100 on order should be here in a few days.

How do you make thumbnails?

Gary Z said:
Ice,

It says STAB USALS on the front of the recieiver. I went to the Diseqc 1.3 USALS menu when selecting it, it says Dish is moving, but I'm not ables to change any settings? Is it possible that I need a dish positioner to enter the (97.0) ?

I have an SG2100 on order should be here in a few days.

If there is no motor/positioner/mover connected already, The receiver is transmitting DiSEqC commands assuming that somoene is listening on the line and that is the reason why you see the message "the dish is moving" (next line of code in the command set ;). You need to have your motor hooked up. SG2100 is a very good one and I have it myself. It has worked falwlessly.

Gary Z said:
How do you make thumbnails?

Admin rights ;>)

Last edited:
To make thumbnails at the bottom of a reply (not quick reply) it says “manage attachaments”

Click on there and you can select the items to upload. When you have selected them, hit “upload”

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)