Help with Missing Guide this morning, please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Current subscriber, did self re-hit through WebSams, count went up. Subs that I've checked all look fine and tune-in with good signal this morning. "Guide Information Not Available" is displayed this morning, last time it failed I was like many who lost it (on a weekend) due to the supplier, but that time it had the grid and "no info." This time, there's no grid.

Hoping that based on the subscription being current, the channels functioning and the successful re-hit status/good signal level this is not a failure in my system. Read-up on these forums, then searched web, appears the guide is not downloading, based on a few clues. Is there anything I can do to verify it is not a receiver issue? Specific things to look-for? I have not had any power interruptions or unusual circumstances, and the unit is never unplugged.

Much appreciate this site and these forums!

(Birdview owner--not used to breakdowns of C-band!)

I checked my guide and it's fully loaded for today and tomorrow. Try to force an update go to G1-3 and press the guide button. If the # 3 disappears on the display it should be downloading. If you still don't have anything call SRL and ask them for help to see if your still authorized for the guide.

Will call them. Tried a few times on the "guide" request. Have a light on DCII on G1-3. Should be able to get the authorization. Can the guide be lost randomly during a current subscription like this in its entirety? I take it I should not suspect my unit having some type of internal failure? Thanks again!

Unless your TDT count is at 1920 you should be able to load the guide with a sub to any channel. It does get buggy sometimes but works for the most part.

Thanks for the ideas. I feel quite silly for not knowing that even with current programming, the free guide subscription can run-out. Added it to the cart on Websams, (zero cost but needed credit card) went back to G1-3, and its loading. Guess I always thought the guide came automatically with any legitimate subscription. Sorry for the bother, folks, but thanks for the replies! (guess I'm from the C-band era when guides didn't exist..so I never thought of it!)

Glad you got it taken care of.
Another thing you can use for the future to try to force a guide re-load is to go to the Diagnostic screens (Options 6-0-5)
then use the right arrow key to scroll through until you get to screen F. That is the IPG diagnostic screen.
Once on that screen, as long as you are on G1-3, hit the INFO button and it will erase everything it has in the guide. you'll see all of the numbers on the screen go to zero. then hit guide again and it should start to download (unless of course your sub ran out)
you can then go back into DIAG F and you can watch the numbers change as the guide data downloads.
hth
Paul

does cable companies use the guide for dc2 motorola cable boxes on digital cable systems? I was wondering who used the guide on G1-3 other than us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts