Help with my dish setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys I got a wsi 6 foot special.I have got this dish put together correctly, I think.I gonna go take some pics in a bit just to make sure I built my polor mount correctly.Anyway my questions become I tried to use a 2 inch pole but relized it has to much play in it.what is a good pole size for it.I heard it used a 2 5/8 inch pole but that is a weird size.what size could I get I was thinking maybe 2 1/2 would work with maybe a rubber gasket around the pole to make it snug.
My next question is I'm lost on finding the angles. It gonna be a motorized setup so do I just try to line it up with my true south sat(78.8 my zip is 27976) or how do I start off when I get pole set.whew thanks for any help I get guys

I wouldn't use rubber as a "shim". If you shim it, use something solid. A length of plastic pipe, split length-wise would be better. The attached pic should explain the angles when at zenith. Set the declination, then don't touch it again. After locating your southern sat, Adjust polar elevation(only), then find sats away from center and adjust azimuth(only). Use the Declination Offset angle in the second chart on this page, for your declination. Footprints by Dish Size - Latitude Declination Chart - C/Ku-Band Satellite Listing

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
What is o.d. of the cap that slides over the pole? We may be able to help you out with the correct sized pole if you have this information.

Hey guys I got a wsi 6 foot special.I have got this dish put together correctly, I think.I gonna go take some pics in a bit just to make sure I built my polor mount correctly.Anyway my questions become I tried to use a 2 inch pole but relized it has to much play in it.what is a good pole size for it.I heard it used a 2 5/8 inch pole but that is a weird size.what size could I get I was thinking maybe 2 1/2 would work with maybe a rubber gasket around the pole to make it snug.
My next question is I'm lost on finding the angles. It gonna be a motorized setup so do I just try to line it up with my true south sat(78.8 my zip is 27976) or how do I start off when I get pole set.whew thanks for any help I get guys

Here is what I had to do to modify it;

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/228237-6-foot-dish-install.html

Ok I see its outside.why not use 2 1/2 or 2 3/4. I measured my inside d of my mount and it was 2 3/4. I'll do it your way as I know it works lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)