Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
Hi guys
Just got my new bud but having problems figuring out the wiring .
Have a new vbox 7 coming in and want to make sure the wires are in the right place.
big wires red & white are m1 & m2
orange goes on top and green on bottom,but what about the black wire?
bsc621 for lnb
thanks guys

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    511 KB · Views: 235
  • 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
You will only need two wires for your sensor. Out of the 3 (orange, green, black) pick two color you want. Just don't forget to ground the drain wire to the Dish or at the house, but not both ends.

Also i try moving it with a 12v battery and nothing happen ,but it did make noise like it wanted to.
I did blindscan and it was on Galaxy 15 so maybe stuck.

Attachments

• 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 259
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    810.9 KB · Views: 256
The bare,uninsulated,wire is the shield ground,the mylar foil is the shield.Should be able to "ground" it inside the motor box somewhere.
As far as moving with a battery,it should work,possibly you just weren't getting a good enough connection.Did you try reversing the wires,to go in the other direction ?You may also be on one of the limit switches.

Thanks Waylew i reversed the thick red and white wire and did hear a noise like it wanted to move .
maybe i will wait for my vbox 7.
Is there a way to bypass the limit switches?

It is difficult to tell from the pictures, but is that an analog counter circuit in the actuator - (a potentiometer that is used for the position) . If so, it is not going to work with a Vbox which requires pulses.

Some versions of the Von Weise actuator have a optical sensor and require three wires. +5 volts, pulse out, and ground. I'll take a look at mine and try to identify the terminals. It will work with a Vbox if you provide an external 5 volts from a cell phone charger or similar.

Reactions: Titanium
UPDATE:
I took a closer look at the photo and zoomed in. I think GI Joe is correct about it being a potentiometer analog encoder and will not work with Vbox and most other positioners. You might be able to modify the Von Weise to use a magnet/reed switch.
In this picture you can read the value of the pot at 10k.

Reactions: GI_Joe and Titanium
Never had a Von Weise,so don't know what their limit switch set up is like.
I think the GI 650 i should be able run that actuator with the potentiometer.

I tried to verify this, couldn't find a manual for the GI 650, but the GI 450 manual shows only +5v, pulse, and gnd. connections.
Yeah,I have a 450i,but it's packed up in it's box,with the manual,and buried in ,er,the pile.Haven't used it in years and all my actuators have been reed switches so really didn't know,but thought a good chance of maybe .:biggrin

I've got two Von Weise movers that had the magnets come loose inside the motor. Here is a link to the "fix" I did on one of those a few weeks back.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/von-weise-motor.341541/

That one would run on 36 volts but was slow and made a lot of noise. 12v may not be enough to make one move that has this same problem.

RE: bypassing limits? Not a good idea unless you have the inner tube screwed out a good bit so as to make sure you don't bottom it out and break something.

No IRD I know of will operate an actuator with a 10k pot. What you need for that actuator is a box with two pushbuttons on it. One for E and another for W. There's nothing 'automatic' about these units. You have to push and hold the buttons to move the dish. It should also have a meter or digital readout to for you to 'read' the value of the potentiometer to indicate position.
I probably got one or two of them collecting dust. PM me and I could take a look.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)