Help with setting up DVB-S2 on a Diamond 9000HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
I recently picked up a Diamond 9000HD-PVR receiver. It has software version 1.31p (yes I know it is not the factory firmware version). I purchased it to receive DVB-S2 channels in particular the Florida Channels on AMC-3 87W; the two channels are DVB-S2 and 8psk. I tried last night to set the receiver and transponder settings to the correct value for these channels. I was not successful.

Can any one help with the setup?

Also does any one know what other KU DVB-S2 channel there are to try with this receiver?

Tnx in advance,
Mike Lib

You MUST use the Channel Editor Sofware on a PC to enter DVB-S2 Transponders.
You can not do it via remote.
Editor is: NDFEdit

If I remember correctly you have to add the TP via the channel editor then load it back int he receiver

Louisiana PBS is also S2
AMC21
H
3/5 fec
pilot off

edit:lak7 beat me to it

EDIT:
Since you have 1.31 loaded, you should be able to save the Channel List to a USB Stick.

:)
You also need a Straight Through Serial cable, not a Null Modem, to connect and upload / download the Channel List

I have to try the memory stick trick

Since you have 1.31 loaded, you should be able to save the Channel List to a USB Stick.:)
You also need a Straight Through Serial cable, not a Null Modem, to connect and upload / download the Channel List
I have the NDFEditor version 1.57, there is a version 1.58 on a hack website and I did not want to register to get it. I also have a null and a straight cable.
I take it that you can put the diamond.ndf file on a USB memory stick and use that to transfer it to the receiver. I will have to try that.

If I remember correctly you have to add the TP via the channel editor then load it back int he receiver
Louisiana PBS is also S2
AMC21
H
3/5 fec
pilot off

Ice, how can you tell when to turn the pilot on or off. I have entered the pilot on for the two Florida stations?

Thanks guys for all your help, I will give it a try and I will let you know if it works.

there are "ways" to add s2 via remote on the diamond... I have not used the editor in 2 years, but i watch s2 all the time... I use modded firmware.

KU mux is 12000 H 30000 8psk 5/6 ON AMC 1 103deg.

Louisiana PBS is also S2
AMC21
H
3/5 fec
pilot off

Is this a tough transponder to get? I 11989 just fine, but I don't get any signal on this one.

there are "ways" to add s2 via remote on the diamond... I have not used the editor in 2 years, but i watch s2 all the time... I use modded firmware.
Yes, there are "ways" to do it, but no efficient. You have to load a Modded Firm, enter the TP info, then re-load "regular" firm to watch. It's just faster to use the editor.

Don't you just love this hobby????

With LAK7 help I was able to get the DVB-S2 transponder into the editor onto a memory stick and loaded into the Diamond-9K-HD receiver. I set up the dish and swung over to AMC3-87W, I locked in the SD transponders, but had no SQ on the DVB-S2 transponders. The dish is a metal 90cm.

Has anyone locked the two Florida channels if you have can you share the transponder frequency and setting??
tnx
Mike Lib

I can Lock both at:
12044 V 3200
FEC: 2/3
Pilot: Off

12050 V 3200

Signal is not as Strong as the 11720 TP

EDIT: should have mentioned it is using my 80cm "Bob Jones" Dish

I can Lock both at:
12044 V 3200

12050 V 3200

Signal is not as Strong as the 11720 TP

EDIT: should have mentioned it is using my 80cm "Bob Jones" Dish
Thanks I'll give it a shot tomorrow, weather will be sunny in the low 70, here in lovely southern NJ.

Just fired up the Diamond, long story short....
Pilot: On

I used the AZBox for other posting, so who knows.
Sorry for any confusion.

No Luck

So far The FTA Gods are against me, I'm sure that I have the receiver set up correctly, but I still have no SQ on those two transponders. I realigned the motorized 90cm dish a few times change the Universal Chapparal LNB to a Standard Ivacom that does both linear and circular and still no SQ. Tomorrow is another day, does any one have any good prayers for the FTA Gods??LOL
Mike Lib

What is your Q reading on the 11720 TP?
11720 H 4858
LAK7 - I was out all day, went to The Gloucester County Amateur Radio Club, flea market and saved a Coolsat 5000 from someones dusty garage. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your concern and help.
Mike Lib

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)