help with trying to find satellite postions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rookanga2009

Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Michigan
First, im sorry if I am in the wrong place, im new here, ive been trying to find something that could help my find satellite positions for the last couple of weeks, I just started a new job of sub contracting threw directv, I know what im doing except for I (very big) problem, my problem is to see if the customer has signal or not, I know theres things like the suunto inclinometers or something from brunton. I was talking to a guy that works at multiband and he had one from brunton but the way he was using it was one eye was seeing the compass and elevation and the other eye to see if anything is in the way, the only problem, is really your still guessing if something is in the way or not, can anyone suggest something that will help me out, because like I said this is the only problem I have, but it is a big problem for me, so any help, ill appreciate

First, im sorry if I am in the wrong place, im new here, ive been trying to find something that could help my find satellite positions for the last couple of weeks, I just started a new job of sub contracting threw directv, I know what im doing except for I (very big) problem, my problem is to see if the customer has signal or not, I know theres things like the suunto inclinometers or something from brunton. I was talking to a guy that works at multiband and he had one from brunton but the way he was using it was one eye was seeing the compass and elevation and the other eye to see if anything is in the way, the only problem, is really your still guessing if something is in the way or not, can anyone suggest something that will help me out, because like I said this is the only problem I have, but it is a big problem for me, so any help, ill appreciate

I HIGHLY suggest you get "Dish Pointer Pro" if you have an Android Phone, (Not sure if they have an app for iPhone but would assume they do) its not 100% accurate for me atleast, but I would say for ME, its 95% accurate.. After you get a lot of installs under your belt you will just be able to eyeball MOST jobs :)

Like kcaudiofx said, Dish Pointer Pro does a nice job, you can view the Sats and the obstructions thru your phone viewer.

I actually do have the app, but for some reason my internal compass is off, so it makes the satellite positions off, literally I would point th phone towards the sky (I was away from metal) and I found the "satellites" but when I used an app that was an actual compass, southwest wasnt were the dish pointer was pointed, which meant the satellites where off, so we hooed up a kaku and a bird dog to a dish and pointed it that way, we held it so see if we could get any signal, and where the compass was atually pointing was where the satellites where, so that meant the dish pointer was actually pointing in the wrong direction, thats why I was hopeing there was a handheld one that could tell me exactly where there are, my phone is a droid 2 and ive aleady tried to calibrate the compass

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts