Help

highspeed57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Hey I need some help and cannot find any information on the web. Was wondering if anyone here was familiar with adjusting the lamps in a rear projection tv.

Yesterday I powered on my monitor and the picture is cascaded in several colors. All three lamps are working properly and the mirror in the back of the set is perfect I cannot find any other issue than the lamps may be out of alignment and cannot find any information on how to adjust this. The tv is a samsung Tantus I cannot remember the exact model number I am at work now but will be at home in a few hours and will post the exact model number. Any help would be much appreciated.

im guessing that this is crt display??
most likely the convergence ICs are gone...figure $200-300 for an in home repair (based on regional market).

Gregg

Sorry that I have not listed the model number yet. Have had alot happen in the last few days. This isn't turning out to be my month. This is a rear projection DLP tv, not a crt.

Ah ok. My mistake. That might explain part of the trouble I've been having getting help. It has three lamps a blue a green and a red lamp. Then yes it's a crt. Believe it or not you've been alot of help Greg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)