Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
I would like to find someone locally that would help me finish my dish project. I live in Wiggins Mississippi so any one in the gulfport-Hattiesburg area would be good. I have the dish mounted and all wires to the dish so the dish needs to beset up.
I sure need help -tell me what you want to help complete this project.

I have a 10 foot Superior perforated plastic dish. I will come back Tuesday and see if I can understand enough to set the dish. Today is a parade in Wiggins and we will have the red hats on two pickup trucks and have a light lunch after for those we have on the truck. Monday is odd fellows meeting and I am free Saturday. Generally when I am around people I get worn out for the next day. I have fought a bad cold all this week. I am mechanically inclined but the information does not seem to reach the brain. I have read and studied all the material on this forum. I feel I should of been able to do the setting of the dish-but I am unable. If all of you will have the patience I will try but I know this is asking a lot of you that have the knowledge. Thanks for the offer and I will try on Tuesday.

I still suggest you look at the message I've posted at the end of the link above.
It's a good starting point.

Additionally, since you sound like you are going with a BUD, you might take a peek at this web site: Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C
I had to read over its several pages quite a few (dozen :eek: ) times before I had a clue, so if any part of it gives ya trouble, we're here to help.

)n my 10 foot perforated dish I have an actuator by von weise. Chaparral is dual with 920 receiver and a Mercury 11.The scaler is away from the throat. I checked feed horn to center of dish and the feed horn to dish edge and all seem to be centered.My declation is 1 1/2 degrees.Location is 30.86095 N, 89.132369w
. Once I start using the dish I will see if it is properly wired. I am trying to give you as much information as possible so you can correct me as needed. Now I am in a rough situation as to the proper way to proceed. I do have a small television to take to the dish. I am carrying a heavy load as my lady is on my back (she is not heavy) but she wants this system to operate since I spent money. Sometimes it is very difficult to understand others. Please talk to me on the next step and I
will keep reading and trying to understand.
thanks

I would like for someone to explain the next step with the dish. Also I have a 922, 920 and a Mercury 11. How is the best way to wire these and is there any advantage to using all three. The 920 and 922 have the area for motor leads hardwire which is how I have it set up.
thanks

I would like to put one of the receivers in the shop after I get up and running. At this time they are all waiting on me to get the dish set up.
I need additional information on how to proceed. thanks

I am a lot closer to ya....:)

Did you buy the dish new or was it set up somewhere else locally?

The Merc II will need to be slaved to the 922. If that is possible with the 922, I dunno I don't have one. Aiming a cband dish from scratch is not for the faint of heart, IMO. :)

I will be busy the rest of today and tomorrow obtaining food for the food pantry. Do you raise cars? My next door neighbor is into racing. I lived in Slidell until about August 2004.

No I don't race cars, I used to go to the dirt tracks quite a bit years ago, but not anymore.

I was born and raised here, and I intend on dying here. :)

If your dish's mount has not been disturbed, you should be able to put it on a new pole and it should be close. That's what I did with mine, and it was dead on, tracking-wise, after I found the satellite that it was on when it was taken down.
If the mount was taken apart, that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, so to speak. :)

I tried to use the Mercury slaved to the 922 and the Mercury menu was pulled up thru the 922. I then separated and the 922 would not pull up its menu. I have not put any receiver on the computer to make any changes. The reason I was trying to use the 922 is that the motor was hard wired along with the voltage mechanism. I have not been able to get the Mercury 11 to pull up its menu. Iwill keep working with them to see what I am doing wrong. At this point I am unable to place my finger on the problem. I have been told to use the remote stb button but the remote does not have this button.
Donot give up the ship and I will keep trying, if I have to use the Mercury I will need to rewire the dish motor and voltage mechanism.

I was using the wrong remote for the Mercury 11, now I have it working but it still will not turn the tv off and on. My dish has loose nuts on the tilt as the former owner had problems and they left them loose. Once I get futher along I may be able to set this adjustment. We did manage to get a few satellites arranged but I do not believe what I see on the menu because the dish is not moving. I just need more time to figure out what is taking place. Till I find more problems thanks to all for the help. My Mercury 11 problems were all operator-in other words my problem. I will keep you posted as I probably will need assistance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)