Help!!!

arzoman

Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
Oakland, Ca
I have an HDTV ready 51 inch sony rear projection screen. I have comcast but they don't have a deal with the local fox affiliate. The local fox affiliate does broadcast in HD, so it's possible to recieve.

My question is this....

If I buy a HD antenna (saw one on amazon.com for $39.99) will I be good to go? I asked Comcast if I can buy an antenna and plug it in to their reciever...but they said it won't work. They don't have a decoder or something to that extent.

I've read I may need a seperate broadcast box?

Help!!!

OK you will need a digital set top box and a antenna to receive the channel.The set top box will run you anywhere from 150.00 to 300.00 dollars.This may seem like alot of money for the set top box but you will should be able to receive all of your local channels in digital format(if they are broadcasting) in digital.I need more information before I can help.Where do you live?what setup Do you have?Does your tv have a ATSC digital tuner in it?If the tv has a ATSC digital tuner in it you will not need a set top box just an antenna.Please answer these qustions and I will be glad to help..........................DIGITAL~DAN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts