Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bobby C

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
I am trying to tune in my southern Satellite on my KU band dish which has a motor to no avail. Is there anyone on the site from Oklahoma CIty who might be kind enough to come help me out with it? I have a Traxis receiver hooked to it.

Thanks

I purchased it from Sadoun here are the items:

Mkit-1 Bundled System Includes Regular PriceSadoun PowerTech DG280B HH Motor$89.00FS80P 31" Dish$55.00KUL2: Sadoun Standard Linear DUAL Ku 0.4 dB LNBF$29.00Universal wall mount

I upgraded to the 90N dish for 25.00 more so thats the only differnce from the dish listed above. My zip code is 73160

If you guys could tell me what my motor elevation angle should be and my correct dish declination to set that might help me in my search. According to the angle finder in the FTA list on this site it says my true south satellite is Galaxy 19. Maybe between some help from the more experienced people with these systems I hopefully can get it aligned properly. I thought i could easily do it since i have sighted in Dish Network systems before but this is a challenge to me and I am kinda beat up over it being so difficult. Also like I said i have the Traxxis 3500 receiver anyone with knowlege of how to set the East and West Limits and use the USALS feature of this receiver and just in general how to set it so I can get an accurate meter reading on my TV when trying to tune in the Satellite would be helpfull as well.

Thanks everyone.

Check this out....
How to install an HH-Mount Motor? Applies to DG240-SM3D22-STABHH100-HH120-Motech-SG2100

Make sure you understand where the proper angle indicators are, they are usually not the bolt.
Also, FTA is not plug-n-play, you have to tell the receiver what equipment you have connected.

Motor Latitude: 35.6° Same as your Lat, do your best to be as accurate as possible
(usually one side of the motor bracket has an Elevation Scale and the other side has a Latitude Scale, you are only using the Latitude Scale)

Dish Elevation: 29° or best signal, start at 29.

Elevation: 48.7°
Azimuth (mag.): 175.3° using Compass, direction the Motor Mount is aimed.

Galaxy 19 is a new Sat, so it is probably not on your list, look for a Sat that has "97 West"
Probably "Galaxy 25 Ku"

Antenna Setup Menu, Page 13 in the Traxis Manual

Galaxy XX @ 97 West
LNB Type: Standard or Single, select 10750 for the Freq.
22KHz: Off
DiSEqC: Disable, unless you are using a switch
Positioner: USALS, click OK and enter your location
Polarity: H/V

For USALS, you need to enter your Location: Long and Lat
97.6° West and 35.6° North

If you have "driven" the Motor, Click "Go To Reference" that will drive the motor back to Zero.

Exit Antenna Setup and go to the TP Scan Menu
Make sure Galaxy XX @ 97 is selected
In the TP list, look for 12177 Should be TP 18

This is much easier with the Receiver and TV at the Dish....
Loosen the Motor Mount bolts just enough so you can twist the Motor on the Pole.
Unless you get lucky, make sure you are aimed East of your target, and slooooooooooowly twist the Motor on the Pole to the West, watching for Quality (default Quality is 10-11% - no signal)
If nothing, Raise or Lower the Dish Elevation 1 deg, and repeat. Twist slooooooooowly back and forth, until the Quality lights up.
A good compass really helps. If possible, set the compass on some level ground, and use a broom to mark the direction.

This may help too......
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm
enter you exact address, select your Motor model from the bottom of the Sat list, and click GO
It will show you which direction to point

Last edited:
main thing is not to get frustrated with it, seen lots of people do it, its a bit harder to install than a dish net or DTV dish, we all have been there. if you have trouble and get frustrated come back here and talk it through while taking a break :) we are all here to help.

sometimes i even suggest setting up the dish without the motor first so you get a feel for the install and see how the receiver reacts to a signal. some are fast and some receivers are a bit slower. i usually have the receiver & tv out at the dish (plus this helps cause theres nothing between the lnbf and the receiver) so i can watch the signal also pick a live transponder to tune to from the LIST

lak7 said:
Exit Antenna Setup and go to the TP Scan Menu
Make sure Galaxy XX @ 97 is selected
In the TP list, look for 12177 Should be TP 18
this is your live transponder , like Lak7 mentioned

good luck :)

I have the Traxis tuned to the sat and Transponder 18, but the numbers dont match what was posted for transponder 18. I am waiting till I have a solid set of time to dedicate to tuning in the satellite rather than the 20 to 30 min I have been having hopefully tomorrow i can get some time to go move the dish around and find the sucker. Once i get this one setup I am going to set up another dish just for radio a fixed dish on the sat with all the radio stations on it and feed it to my home stereo system, thats my next project.

Let me know if this transponder 18 not matching what was posted for it will make any difference.

ok, I will look for that number if I dont find it should I enter it manually? if so how?

Thanks Guys you have been a lot of help to me..

Looks like It will be next weekend before I have the chance to mess with it again. Wife and kids are all against me today so not going to happen GRRR

I love satellite just like anyone, but an Oklahoman should be in cheering the Pokes on right now as they go for the upset over Pitt! Unless of course, you are out tuning for the feed of the game.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)