Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Ok so after about 3 years of enjoying my system I have decided to add a dbs lnbf to my setup. I have a system I have a fortec 36" dish with motor and a fortec lifetime classic things work well. I wanted to get the NASA channel from 119w .
The dds lnbf I found on garbage day attached to a small 18" dish and is a single connection TCE# 232594 so not sure if it even works but just would like the experts to tell me if have something wrong with the set up almost forgot also have a new diseqc switch that seems to work as I change from 1 to 2 my universal lnbf goes on and off.
I am using
lnbf type 11250
power 13/18
22khl auto
diseqc 2
transporter 12370 V (for R) sr 20000
When I move the dish there I get signal on the ku side so I think I am on the right satellite I can scan from 30 to 123W .
Thanks in advance

turn off the 22k on the settings for the DBS LNB...the rest is fine

Did you attach the LNB to the existing motorized setup or added the whole dish? I'm confused on that part. If its added to the motorized (attached next to the KU) then it will be off by 5 degrees and you have to either change USALS or use Diseqc 1.2
My DBS LNB I have to -5 degrees due to being on the one side (if facing the dish its to the right)

Iceberg
I attached it to the motorized system . Forgot to mention is this a problem with the skew on the dish?
Thanks

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 100_5153.JPG
    100_5153.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_5154.JPG
    100_5154.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_5155.JPG
    100_5155.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 169
OK then where that DBS LNB is you need to add degrees to it. Since the LNB is not right next to the KU I'm thinking maybe 5-6 degrees you have to add. (so to have the DBS at 119 you need to have the dish move to 125)

Also it should be the same level as the KU LNB. The motorized part will take care of the elevation and there is a little room for error with DBS but not that much as you have right now ;)

Here is an older pic of mine. Notice the DBS is level with KU

Attachments

• 000_0289.jpg
    000_0289.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 154
Thanks Iceberg

Well I can now get NASA so the dds lnbf I found on garbage day works . I have "improved" the stability and the mounting of the dds lnbf thanks to some wood and coat hanger wire ;) The weed whacker line was the "temporary holding.

I attached a couple of pics the wasp nest I found almost right away or should I say they found me ouch! :mad:

Anyhow that is why I enjoy this hobby so much to do and play with.

Attachments

• 100_5275.JPG
    100_5275.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_5272.JPG
    100_5272.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_5271.JPG
    100_5271.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 125
Good work, nice blue sky too. The wasp nest pics didn't make it though, I haven't found many in a dish like that. Yet, lol.

I attached a couple of pics the wasp nest I found almost right away or should I say they found me ouch! :mad:

I've got the same dish as you do and I noticed the other day that wasps were inhabiting mine in the exact same place. Fortunately it's cold here right now so they weren't moving very fast. I also had some hiding in the slide down cover on my Invacom lnb. When I slid it up I could see legs sticking out around the coax connection, so I slid it up all the way until I heard a crunch and they stopped moving. I'm wondering if wasp juice will improve reception. ;)

I have to say that even though my cold weather slows the wasps down, I'd rather have palm trees behind my dish like you do. :cool:

Thanks yes is Florida and very hot and dry need rain and a cool down. If you look at the first pic right up under the arm where the universal lnbf holder and above the bolt is you can see the nest they made it square to fit the opening.

Mel, that one is well hidden, they woulda got me too! Those jet-spray cans make short work of the devils though, need to fill that up with syyrofoam or something to keep them out. Ladybugs will fill up every opening in things up here when it starts getting cold weather, thankfully the wasps can't take it.

expanding foam:

... need to fill that up with styrofoam or something to keep them out.
I didn't see the wasp nest 'till I went back and examined every picture.
Very stealth of 'em! - :cool:

Turbo's got a great idea that never crossed my mind: that expanding foam-in-a-can!
You could probably use it around the edge of an LNB cover, or to fill any cracks.
Might work to fill an outdoor switch box, or at least around where the cables entered.
Bug proof, and maybe even water proof, too! ;)

Yes they are very crafty and also get very very upset, the the dds lnbf I found on garbage day had a cost with it, they got my hand 2 times good thing I guess I am not allergic I have evicted them for their condo at least for now:rolleyes:. I do get a lot of lizards and frogs that hang around the yard and my dish system no problem with them at all ..I do not spray everything with poisons therefore I have a lot of natural predators for the bugs but I guess the wasps are not too tasty.:D

Well I guess this has nothing to do with aliment or any system problem . But here is 2 pics of the wasps (I must had missed some) building a new nest on my dish I guess wasps enjoy the FTA signals as much as I do lol :D

Attachments

• 100_5276.JPG
    100_5276.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_5277.JPG
    100_5277.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 104
Thats one drawback to having nice temperatures! You'll have to keep a can of the wasp killer handy (and a little Red Man or similar to hold on the stings-takes the hurt right out).

Thanks turbosat I will keep in mind . I use ammonia for the bites but is good to know . I guess we have a bumper crop of wasps, had this dish up for about 4 years first time so many...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts