Here is the RAIDERS winning schedule for 2008!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Salsa what do you think about the Hall situation? We wasted a ton of money on the guy, then when we get rid of him our secondary looks a LOT better. Also, i just read that we're facing the nfc east and afc north next year...aye caramba!

Hey Salsa what do you think about the Hall situation? We wasted a ton of money on the guy, then when we get rid of him our secondary looks a LOT better. Also, i just read that we're facing the nfc east and afc north next year...aye caramba!

Can you say 0-16?

+1 :up

I would of said "is" instead of "will be", but you are 100% correct.

How can you say he IS a bust after only 1/2 the season of essentially his rookie year? The kid saw very limited play last year so you really cant count it. Throw in the fact that hes not being protected very well by his linemen and then add to that the fact that our starting receivers cant catch or run routes very well. I didnt watch Russell when he played in LSU, so maybe you guys see something I havent in his college days, but he cant be judged by his NFL performance YET. Time will tell if he is a bust. Im not saying he wont be, but i wont throw in the towel just yet.

You asked Salsa, but Ill give my 2 cents, hopefully you dont mind.

1 OFFENSIVE LINE!!!! We need a stud left tackle
2 Wide receiver..Crabtree maybe?
3 Depth for the D line.

Too bad you cant draft an owner.

Just about EVERY team would like your list.
Start with the LIONS, they need ALL THREE and need to DRAFT AN OWNER as well :D

Jimbo

I was excited and perplexed when we got him because the Raiders secondary has always been a tradition man-to-man defense and Hall was not known to that. I was under the assumption they were gonna do a little less of that defense because NOBODY wants to even TRY to throw to Nnamdi Asomugha. I think he was used as a scapegoat for that Fat Tub of Goo, Ryan. He was playing a little better the last 3 weeks. But IF the release was done to sign Asomugha, it was smart business move.....and terrible because Asomugha has not said a word about resigning with the Raiders....and considering the shambles the management is and the likelyhood of a NEW ex-head coach....can you blame him?
Though....GOD forgive me for what I am about to say, IF the crypt keeper decides of making Johnnie-bag-of-donuts Ryan, the head coach....then alot of the defense might STAY because they really....and this is scary....like HIM.

I think Ryan has 'circled the wagons' with the defense and challenged them to be better. The ONLY reason the Raiders lost to Carolina was the ineptness of the offense. I mean to hold a receiver like Smith to just 1 catch for 9 yards....??!! That is seriously shutting down a Pro Bowler. IF you look at it, if it weren't for the 70 yard run....they hold the Panther to JUST 140 of TOTAL OFFENSE.

GOD I wish we would have taken Larry Fitzgerald INSTEAD of Robert Gallery back then.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

How can you say he IS a bust after only 1/2 the season of essentially his rookie year? The kid saw very limited play last year so you really cant count it. Throw in the fact that hes not being protected very well by his linemen and then add to that the fact that our starting receivers cant catch or run routes very well. I didnt watch Russell when he played in LSU, so maybe you guys see something I havent in his college days, but he cant be judged by his NFL performance YET. Time will tell if he is a bust. Im not saying he wont be, but i wont throw in the towel just yet.

Please do not go by these guys....they know about Raider football as much as they know about the how shark mate....:rolleyes: JaMarcus is a LEGIT QB....He just doesn't have a legit line to protect him nor a legit receivers to throw to. NOT that I am comparing him to Peyton Manning, but didn't he go 3-13 his 1st year starting?!! I wonder how many were calling him a bust? And that was WITH a legit receiver in Marvin Harrison and legit running back in Marshall Faulk. JaMarcus ALSO had NO training camp last year because of his late signing. Also, how can you expect a young QB to grow with a different coach just about every year bringing in THEIR offensive schemes and coaching staff?!

None of these boobs here take that into consideration because of the hatred toward the Raiders. I HATE the Cowboys, Broncos, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets....but I know and can see they are talented and have good players. MOST in here can't see past their hatred towards certain teams to be objective.

None of these boobs here take that into consideration because of the hatred toward the Raiders. I HATE the Cowboys, Broncos, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets....but I know and can see they are talented and have good players. MOST in here can't see past their hatred towards certain teams to be objective.
I'm objective. I hate the Raiders, but I'm still objective. I called for 3-13 this year, and they're on track to get there.

Please do not go by these guys....they know about Raider football as much as they know about the how shark mate....:rolleyes: JaMarcus is a LEGIT QB....He just doesn't have a legit line to protect him nor a legit receivers to throw to. NOT that I am comparing him to Peyton Manning, but didn't he go 3-13 his 1st year starting?!! I wonder how many were calling him a bust? And that was WITH a legit receiver in Marvin Harrison and legit running back in Marshall Faulk. JaMarcus ALSO had NO training camp last year because of his late signing. Also, how can you expect a young QB to grow with a different coach just about every year bringing in THEIR offensive schemes and coaching staff?!

i don't hate the raiders. never said that. i've seen many great qb's have a rough start in their 1st season besides Manning. For example John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Favre and others. Even with their rough starts you could see greatness in the near future for these qb's. I don't see that with Russell. Beginning with the fact that he doesn't seem to care. He's well over paid,he has his dough and honestly he doesn't give a s***. I never said he doesn't have the physical ability. So did Jeff Jorge and Jay Shroeder. Remember those guys?
They had physical abilities too but no direction. So nothing personal salsa, that's the way i see it. I respect your opinion. respect mine :)

i don't hate the raiders. never said that. i've seen many great qb's have a rough start in their 1st season besides Manning. For example John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Favre and others. Even with their rough starts you could see greatness in the near future for these qb's. I don't see that with Russell. Beginning with the fact that he doesn't seem to care. He's well over paid,he has his dough and honestly he doesn't give a s***. I never said he doesn't have the physical ability. So did Jeff Jorge and Jay Shroeder. Remember those guys?
They had physical abilities too but no direction. So nothing personal salsa, that's the way i see it. I respect your opinion. respect mine :)

Have you seen ANY games?? FULL games...not the ESPN spot or the 10 seconds on our local nightly news here in Miami? IS your opinion based on seeing GAMES or watching 15 second highlights? So because he is not firery and screaming and hoping around ...he doesn't give a sh*t??!! I can say the same about Ricky Williams...Do you think he doesn't give a sh*t?! He and JaMarcus are the same...laid back and would rather keep things to themselves. SECONDLY....Please, see that you are now a expert of JaMarcus Russell....WHO does he have to throw to that has ANY talent? And AGAIN, when you have musical chairs in the coaching staff...how the f**k do you expect that NOT to affect a young QB?

See I have an issue with people making judgements on things they do not see at least some of the time. I will never judge the way some of you guys do because most in here base their judgement of other team by the 15 seconds they see on ESPN. IF you had WATCHED FULL GAMES....just a few, then I can say you have SOME knowledge of what is going on. Are you gonna tell me you have seen...say...3 or 4 games to make that judgment?:confused:

Have you seen ANY games?? FULL games...not the ESPN spot or the 10 seconds on our local nightly news here in Miami? IS your opinion based on seeing GAMES or watching 15 second highlights? So because he is not firery and screaming and hoping around ...he doesn't give a sh*t??!! I can say the same about Ricky Williams...Do you think he doesn't give a sh*t?! He and JaMarcus are the same...laid back and would rather keep things to themselves. SECONDLY....Please, see that you are now a expert of JaMarcus Russell....WHO does he have to throw to that has ANY talent? And AGAIN, when you have musical chairs in the coaching staff...how the f**k do you expect that NOT to affect a young QB?

See I have an issue with people making judgements on things they do not see at least some of the time. I will never judge the way some of you guys do because most in here base their judgement of other team by the 15 seconds they see on ESPN. IF you had WATCHED FULL GAMES....just a few, then I can say you have SOME knowledge of what is going on. Are you gonna tell me you have seen...say...3 or 4 games to make that judgment?:confused:

Yes i watch the raiders almost every week with the nfl sunday ticket from directv so yes i have plenty of knowledge on the raiders and no i never base my opinions on what espn has to say. i have my own opinions and experiences. On the ricky williams issue, ricky was and i repeat was once the nfl leading rusher so he has proven himself in the NFL. Let's say that ricky and russell are pretty much the same as you say laid back, russell is playing the most important position in the nfl salsa. It has nothing to do with being laid back. Lay back personality isn't an issue for instance look at eli manning. Sometimes looks like a zombie but the difference that i see is that eli give his all to win the game but i don't see that from russell. I've seen him enough to realize that so far he's just collecting his paycheck. As to the WR issue, some of the great qb's in the past didn't always have a great wr to throw to. look it up. As to coaching i agree that bad coaching would have a negative effect but the player still has to play. Bad coaching should never harm a player's natural ability. He might turn out to be a decent qb but not a great one. When you're drafted that high and you're grossly overpaid and you turn out to be a descent player but not a great player, that's called a bust. We don't have to agree on this salsa. You and I usually agree on things but it ain't gonna happen with this topic. Judging by your use of the F word i can see your angry. Why? Aren't we just discussing about a specific topic that this time we don't have the same opinions? Come on salsa.......... If in the future I'm proven wrong I will be the 1st to tell you " hay salsa you were right and i was wrong

Yes i watch the raiders almost every week with the nfl sunday ticket from directv so yes i have plenty of knowledge on the raiders and no i never base my opinions on what espn has to say. i have my own opinions and experiences. On the ricky williams issue, ricky was and i repeat was once the nfl leading rusher so he has proven himself in the NFL. Let's say that ricky and russell are pretty much the same as you say laid back, russell is playing the most important position in the nfl salsa. It has nothing to do with being laid back. Lay back personality isn't an issue for instance look at eli manning. Sometimes looks like a zombie but the difference that i see is that eli give his all to win the game but i don't see that from russell. I've seen him enough to realize that so far he's just collecting his paycheck. As to the WR issue, some of the great qb's in the past didn't always have a great wr to throw to. look it up. As to coaching i agree that bad coaching would have a negative effect but the player still has to play. Bad coaching should never harm a player's natural ability. He might turn out to be a decent qb but not a great one. When you're drafted that high and you're grossly overpaid and you turn out to be a descent player but not a great player, that's called a bust. We don't have to agree on this salsa. You and I usually agree on things but it ain't gonna happen with this topic. Judging by your use of the F word i can see your angry. Why? Aren't we just discussing about a specific topic that this time we don't have the same opinions? Come on salsa.......... If in the future I'm proven wrong I will be the 1st to tell you " hay salsa you were right and i was wrong

WOW.....IF you are comparing what Eli has around him and what JaMarcus has around him, then you don't know much about football. Also, name me a couple of GREAT QBs that had sh*t to throw to. Your judgement is based on a guy that has NOTHING....not a few, not one, but NOTHING to throw to at the WR position. He has also been running for his life back there because it is just too easy to cover our so-called WR.

Also, when you draft the #1 overall pick, you WILL PAY TOO much because that is the pay scale in the NFL for the #1 overall pick. The Dolphins paid a five-year, $57.75 million deal that included $30 million in guaranteed money to Jake Long.....an offensive tackle....a guy that can be the corner stone to your OFFENSIVE LINE...not the corner stone to the franchise. PLUS, MOST QBs have a 2-4 year learning curve in the NFL coming out of college. You have the rare exceptions that don't need because they already have a good system place.
And yet, you are calling a guy a bust after starting only 8 NFL games coming to a sh!tty team with no sense of direction by management. IF JaMarcus had the Dolphins offense, he would be putting up very good numbers.

Go ahead....compare the two....

WOW.....IF you are comparing what Eli has around him and what JaMarcus has around him, then you don't know much about football. Also, name me a couple of GREAT QBs that had sh*t to throw to. Your judgement is based on a guy that has NOTHING....not a few, not one, but NOTHING to throw to at the WR position. He has also been running for his life back there because it is just too easy to cover our so-called WR.

Also, when you draft the #1 overall pick, you WILL PAY TOO much because that is the pay scale in the NFL for the #1 overall pick. The Dolphins paid a five-year, $57.75 million deal that included $30 million in guaranteed money to Jake Long.....an offensive tackle....a guy that can be the corner stone to your OFFENSIVE LINE...not the corner stone to the franchise. PLUS, MOST QBs have a 2-4 year learning curve in the NFL coming out of college. You have the rare exceptions that don't need because they already have a good system place.
And yet, you are calling a guy a bust after starting only 8 NFL games coming to a sh!tty team with no sense of direction by management. IF JaMarcus had the Dolphins offense, he would be putting up very good numbers.

Go ahead....compare the two....

Your reading what you want to read from my posts. I never compared the situation at the giants with the one at Oakland. I was comparing personalities and how being laid back has nothing to do with giving it your all to win a game.It appears that it's you who doesn't know much about this game my friend when you don't have the ability to separate the circumstances around the player to be able to see clearly what a player is really made out of. There have been college players drafted from not so good teams that made it well in the NFL because someone was able to separate the team from the player and saw the talent,ability and attitude. On russell playing better for the dolphins i doubt it. Even with a good system in place I have yet to see great football intelligence from Russell. On the what qb's were great that didn't have a great receiver to throw too well seeing how it is that you don't know tells me about your knowledge of the game and since you can't help making this a personal issue salsa, i'm done responding to you on this. since you can't have a civilized discussion i'm moving on. Feel free to add me to your ignore list if it's a problem because i will try to have a discussion with you on other topics. later

Your reading what you want to read from my posts. I never compared the situation at the giants with the one at Oakland. I was comparing personalities and how being laid back has nothing to do with giving it your all to win a game.It appears that it's you who doesn't know much about this game my friend when you don't have the ability to separate the circumstances around the player to be able to see clearly what a player is really made out of. There have been college players drafted from not so good teams that made it well in the NFL because someone was able to separate the team from the player and saw the talent,ability and attitude. On russell playing better for the dolphins i doubt it. Even with a good system in place I have yet to see great football intelligence from Russell. On the what qb's were great that didn't have a great receiver to throw too well seeing how it is that you don't know tells me about your knowledge of the game and since you can't help making this a personal issue salsa, i'm done responding to you on this. since you can't have a civilized discussion i'm moving on. Feel free to add me to your ignore list if it's a problem because i will try to have a discussion with you on other topics. later

LMAO!! Please tell me what does "look like he is giving his all" look like?? Does he swear a little or stomp his feet or throw a hissy fit when the play does not turn out?

And again, about the so-called "great QBs that did not have a good receivers to throw to"....you didn't answer because you could not name one...I couldn't answer because I could not name one. You made a very broad/bold statement...and with me, you make a statement like that....I want proof of what you said is true.

And finally, my conversations are always civilized. The thing that upsets me is when hatred toward a team is disguised as being impartial or being open minded.
WAY too much of that goes on in here in the Sports Section. I take that personally because you(not you personally)are perpetrating a lie and you think you are taking me for a fool.

Oh yeah, I have been insulted PERSONALLY here quite a few times, but I believe in free speech so placing someone on ignore is something I do not believe in. But I also believe that just because you say what's on your mind does not escape the consequences of what was said....so if you verbally take a jab at me....I will go for the jugular.....;)

LMAO!! Please tell me what does "look like he is giving his all" look like?? Does he swear a little or stomp his feet or throw a hissy fit when the play does not turn out?

And again, about the so-called "great QBs that did not have a good receivers to throw to"....you didn't answer because you could not name one...I couldn't answer because I could not name one. You made a very broad/bold statement...and with me, you make a statement like that....I want proof of what you said is true.

And finally, my conversations are always civilized. The thing that upsets me is when hatred toward a team is disguised as being impartial or being open minded.
WAY too much of that goes on in here in the Sports Section. I take that personally because you(not you personally)are perpetrating a lie and you think you are taking me for a fool.

Oh yeah, I have been insulted PERSONALLY here quite a few times, but I believe in free speech so placing someone on ignore is something I do not believe in. But I also believe that just because you say what's on your mind does not escape the consequences of what was said....so if you verbally take a jab at me....I will go for the jugular.....;)

again please read carefully. i have no hatred towards the raiders. let it go already please. i don't let my emotions cloud my judgment. I know the few great qb's that at times during their careers didn't have the great wr's to throw to salsa but i have a feeling you'll argue with me on those too and to be honest i don't like arguing over and over no matter if i'm wrong or right.Just look it up if your memory fails you.On what looks like when a person is giving their all and your sarcastic remark on the subject, if you can't tell when someone is putting in the effort that's fine. Coaches and managers do. Owning my own business and managing it I can tell you that i see laziness a mile away and if I can't get your all why would I want you working for me? As for taking a jab at you as you say, I was taking a jab at Russell which by the way is over rated and will be descent at best. Face it and move on :D Maybe if he loses some of that neck fat he might be able to move his head better to see the field. :D If he can see over his fat ass:p

i will give you this, the raiders do have talent to win more games than what they have and don't rip me for this, if Al would have left Kiffin there a bit more they would be doing better right now. I like what i've seen from mcfadden and it's a shame there is no solid direction or correct guidance coming from the coaching staff there. I am glad they let go of Hall as to me he was being over paid and surely not worth the time or money.He has some talent but his attitude isn't the right one. For sure at times you saw the lack of effort from him during games no?
One more thing. I do agree with you on the offensive line issue. No Qb past or present could do a whole lot if not given the time. But like I said before if I'm wrong about russell i'll be the 1st to go to your house and take you out for some beers and tell i was freakin wrong:D we do live close you and I so hold that just in case you're right ;)

Firing Kiffen may have been a step in the right direction. He was in over his head. Firing the rest of the coaching staff will be the next right move. Some great talent there, in need of proper guidance. That puts them at least a step ahead of the Lions, at the least. (We have neither talent or guidance, at any level of the organization.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresRule's Latest Random Thoughts

Willie Mays, Griffey and legacy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts