Here's the Roku 3!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What good would an optical port do when it can't pass dolby digital plus? Only past through no conversion to standard dolby digital. So again optical port would be useless.
dlna perhaps not but plex and other channels similar make up for the loss of dlna.

Certainly not useless to anyone that has a dolby pro logic receiver!I'll take dolby pro logic or pro logic 2 over stereo all day long.Plus the fact that some of the other streaming providers offer DD,not dd+.

Not by much. So far the off chance that one doesn't sub to Netflix they should use toslink connection?

I use HDMI for my connections but an optical port isn't useless. Even if you can only take advantage of stereo from Netflix there are plenty of other sources that use DD 5.1 over optical like Amazon and HBO Go.

The specs for the ROKU 3 on Amazon state: "AAC & MP3 audio" which would imply the new hardware can directly render our WION stream through "tune-in". (weve been AAC since we started streaming.) Could someone with this new ROKU check, please?

Up to this point, the tuneIn channel can't render the newer AAC format through older ROKU hardware, even though we are "in" tune-In." If it DOES render WION and WGLM (our sister station) we'll add that as an option for listening to our information, and not even CONSIDER a third available stream as stations move more and more away from mp3 to this newer format. I'd prefer not to have the cost of a 3rd stream format, given nobody has asked for it, but I like the availability of the station across more platforms!

I just got my Roku 3 in today and hooked up. Love it. I bought a XDS Roku 1 in 2010, got a XD Roku 2 in 2011, and now the Roku 3 is at the house. I have the XDS to a friend, and am moving the XD to another room.

Compared to the Roku 2, the little box looks better IMO, is a good bit heavier for whatever reason, and the I love the redesign on the remote. Biggest thing I noticed was the speed in version 5.0. While I like the new update, it made the Roku 2 laggy at times, but there is none of that with the 3. PQ is of course great with Amazon and Netflix HD, and I notice it buffering faster as well.

Finally, the headphone jack on the remote is the next best thing to sliced bread. Wife took a nap so I tried it out with my Klipsch head phones. AWESOME! This will be great when I stay up late watching shows and the wife hits the rack.

I really do like this thing. Its been raining a lot here over the last day or two, wife is sick and napping, and Im watching the first season of House of Cards on Netflix with the Roku earbuds plugged into the remote. AQ is very good IMO, love it. I guess Im still a little surprised, I never thought the volume control and plug in on the remote would have impressed me so much. Its actually rare a new device shakes it up.

We have a treadmill in our basement with a TV on the wall. The treadmill gets pretty noisy when you are running on it, so it's sometimes hard to hear the sound from the TV even when it's turned all the way up. We've tried other wireless headphones in the past, but most had crummy reception or were uncomfortable to wear. Enter the new Roku 3... For a little more then the price of a pair of decent wireless headphones, you get that (the ability to use any headphones you'd like) and all the Roku functionality!

They are awesome. The other night I got hooked into House of Cards and was up late. Wife hit the rack so I plugged in the ear buds. Somewhere in the middle of it I realized I had gotten up and went into the kitchen (30ft away) with the remote in my pocket, and listened and watched the whole time. Was pretty damn cool. Next day she took a nap so I plugged the earbuds in again. This time I watched a tv show from the kitchen while making dinner! The range on the RF remote is outstanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts