[Massachusetts] Herstige Rock Station Sold to EMF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Fat Man

aka. Dr. Fat Man
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 2, 2010
Land where we pronounce our "R" as "ah"
Well. It looks like WAAF's 50 years as a rock station are done.

Personally, I hate when they say how the format will continue on HD Radio. That's just a national playlist of the songs with a bumper mixed in that says the station name. Entercom bought out CBS Radio. Furthermore, WAAF was positioned against WBCN for almost 40 years. They know exactly what happened when CBS tried that whole "it's only moving to HD Radio" stunt. No air staff came over. It was a loop of rock hits with the tag line "you're listening to WBCN". If someone was listening on HD Radio, they would hear old clips from the 104.1 days of WBCN.

I think the same idiots who ran CBS might have infiltrated Entercom, if they think this blunder of a stunt that didn't work with WBCN will work with WAAF.

Well. It looks like WAAF's 50 years as a rock station are done.

Sad to see it go. Back in the day (1972 to 1977), I would frequently drive between South Jersey and Central Maine. What a blowtorch of a signal it had! I would tune in just east of Hartford and listen all the way to the cheap liquor store in Portsmouth NH. Enjoyed the view of the xmitter tower on the hill just east of Worcester. And in Maine, switch to 'BLM!

Sad to see it go. Back in the day (1972 to 1977), I would frequently drive between South Jersey and Central Maine. What a blowtorch of a signal it had! I would tune in just east of Hartford and listen all the way to the cheap liquor store in Portsmouth NH. Enjoyed the view of the xmitter tower on the hill just east of Worcester. And in Maine, switch to 'BLM!
WHEB out of portsmouth NH is or was pretty good to listen to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts