Hey D* how about some better support for MLBEI subs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
So I sit down tonight and tune to ch. 746-1 "Phillies @ Giants" to find Marlins/Padres game there. There schedule on directv.com/mlb is NEVER accurate. I bet the NFLST subs don't put up with inconsistent crap like this.

typo: "their" Also, this creates real problems when scheduling DVRs via app/m.directv.com, you get to come home and find you have no game to watch!

Biggest difference is, with the NFL, you only have one game per channel per week.
With the MLB EI you have a different game every night .

Game was on at the correct time on the SF CSN feed further down the guide....It is a pain sometimes because I want to regcord the Phils feed and when looking in the guide I do not know which one is which until the game comes on.

My point exactly. Since we have been blessed with more Phils feeds this year, I try to record them. So I end up recording both feeds, and hoping for the best. If they would keep the directv.com/mlb schedule up to date and accurate, that would solve all these problems.

It has been great this year I am getting alot of the CSN guys for philly. Last year I did MLB.TV which was great cheaper and could play any game anytime and pick the Home or away broadcast.

They did it again today. Phila/Rockies was on the guide at 733 & 734. As soon as game time approached, POOF 733 was gone. DirecTV please pull your head out.

It is still on 734 in SD and 734-1 in HD

ETA: I didn't realize you were in PA until I made this post. You will not be able to watch it on this channel since it is the visiting feed of the team playing your home team.

Going back to DBSForums, I can tell you the website is never ever never ever correct. It's only been the last few years where the EI schedule on DirecTV is accurate. Someone used to email me at DirecTV about these problems but I pissed everyone off so I'm out of the loop now.

I bought MLB.TV this year. It's cheaper. More feeds and I can go back if I missed a score, inning or game.
I still haven't had success with the infamous workaround that was well known at one time.
The only blackouts are during the 3 hour FOX window of FOX games and MLB.com exclusivie games on Saturday's.

The RSN channel locally on cable is different then my main RSN on DirecTV. It's weird.

Listen, this wasn't that hard to see coming. The Flyers game was being televised by Comcast Sportsnet Philly, the Phils game was switched to the Comcast Network, so I knew ahead of time that the Phils feed would not be on the MLB EI channels. Ok, so the MLB EI schedule is not accurate mainly because it is not taking into account the Phils feed which has been on just about every game. No complaints here, rrather have it this way than listed in the guide and not shown. Funny how greedy we get. We finally have just about every CSN Philly game on and yet we still like to complain. Don't get me wrong, wish it was full time, but for now I am a pretty happy camper.

Listen, this wasn't that hard to see coming. The Flyers game was being televised by Comcast Sportsnet Philly, the Phils game was switched to the Comcast Network, so I knew ahead of time that the Phils feed would not be on the MLB EI channels. Ok, so the MLB EI schedule is not accurate mainly because it is not taking into account the Phils feed which has been on just about every game. No complaints here, rrather have it this way than listed in the guide and not shown. Funny how greedy we get. We finally have just about every CSN Philly game on and yet we still like to complain. Don't get me wrong, wish it was full time, but for now I am a pretty happy camper.

+1.

MLBEI is great this season.

As I already expressed, I am very greatful for the CSN feeds. It just makes it difficult to schedule the DVR....

mbtbnk said:
sobonefnet, where in pa are you that you get the phillies games on mlbei? So frustrating that comcast sportsnet philly is not a RSN.

I live in Central PA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)