Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Well, it's been sometime since I posted in FTA section. Not sure why I haven't been lurking much at all, let alone posting. Been hanging out in the Home Theater section.

Anyways, my coolsat 8000 died and since I got it for $100 a while back, I'm not too upset as it has worked well and I notice no one was selling them on ebay any longer last time I looked.

So.... I was thinking of a Quali-Tv (see 1 listed in the classifieds here), then I saw the Azbox review here and that sure looks nice. I was gonna just grab another panny 9200, but I figure for the prices, I should get 4:2:2 capabilites finally.

So, what do you guys think? I am sure more of you have use the Quali-tv versus the new Azbox, but let me know what you guys think.

My advice is to buy the AZBOX. It's got the most potential of anything I've seen lately, and the price is reasonable. The alternative , the way I see it, is to get a Vantage 1100, but it seems a little more quirky, but has a solid hardware blindscan for DVB-S2 as well as DVB-s. Another option is I'll sell you MY CS8000 for $100 and I'll buy an AZBOX ! [edit, Selling the CS8000 is a joke , but a thought, nonetheless ]
:)

The AZBOX looks real good. I'm thinking about buying one, to go with a 8' c band dish, that I just got for
dirt cheap, and use them as a scan the sky's setup.

The AZBox is definitely on my list of futures
I have a Qualitv and although it's not my most used STB, it's my favorite by far
but that being said, the Qualitv is not likely to get any (new or used) improvements
while the AZBox still has a bright future, with possibilities and hope

Good Luck on your decision...!!

I think after doing some more reading, the AZbox is definitely the way to go. Now to pull the trigger.... and I can pair it with my old coolsat 5000 until (if) the azbox get blind scan. :) Thanks to those that replied and PM'd me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)