Hey, new free speed upgrade =-)

glad to know i'm not the only one getting slow speed with turbo. yes, i'm on the one-year promotion but i am looking at alternatives. sunday's are the worse. my system crashed, at least, 6 times yesterday!!

While your RR Turbo may be slow, it doesn't cause your computer to crash. You probably have problems with your computer that are causing your crash. You may have adware, hijacks, a virus, hardware issues, etc. I guarantee that if I came over and hooked up my laptop to your RR, I would surf all afternoon with no crashes on my computer. May I experience slow surfing? Sure, that is possible. But RR isn't going to cause me to crash.

Have a friend bring a laptop over and test your connection. You'll need to release the MAC address from your modem if you are not using a router by powering it off and back on.

at least do firmware update on that Netgear PoS.

It HAS the latest firmware in it!

As for pos, I ditched the Linksys I had because it couldn't hold a connection. And Netgear has some features in it Linksys didn't.

What home router do you recommend?

While your RR Turbo may be slow, it doesn't cause your computer to crash. You probably have problems with your computer that are causing your crash. You may have adware, hijacks, a virus, hardware issues, etc. I guarantee that if I came over and hooked up my laptop to your RR, I would surf all afternoon with no crashes on my computer. May I experience slow surfing? Sure, that is possible. But RR isn't going to cause me to crash.

Have a friend bring a laptop over and test your connection. You'll need to release the MAC address from your modem if you are not using a router by powering it off and back on.

actually, my modem is slow because i have a videophone and the router hooked up to the modem has slowed it considerably. the upload speeds are fine but the download is horrible! i think it may not to be set to its optimum speed. i have emailed the sorenson tech who hooked everything up for me but no response. about to email sorenson.

as for the other issue, i just defragged my hard drive, i do spyware scans every other day (and virus scans). have run out of ideas of what to do next.

actually, my modem is slow because i have a videophone and the router hooked up to the modem has slowed it considerably. the upload speeds are fine but the download is horrible! i think it may not to be set to its optimum speed. i have emailed the sorenson tech who hooked everything up for me but no response. about to email sorenson.

as for the other issue, i just defragged my hard drive, i do spyware scans every other day (and virus scans). have run out of ideas of what to do next.

You should be able to throttle that video phone down some. I have two slingboxes and security cameras around the perimeter of my house like it is Fort Knox. I had to lower the bitrate on the cameras and Slingboxes, as they were killing my internal bandwidth. I didn't lose much quality, as the lower bitrate is more in line with the actual camera quality now. I also throttle my online backups to the net. It is that darn upload cap that kills us in that regard.

the video phone has to run at a certain speed. understand this is a special needs phone as i'm severely hearing impaired and this phone allows me to sign to other hard of hearing/deaf individuals. so, i'm not personally touching any of the hook-up. looks like i'm going to have to email the phone manufacturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)