HGTV / Food HD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey guys, E* customer here with a question for you D* customers. Recently, it seems that more and more of the content on our HGTV and Food HD channels is nothing more than stretch-o-vision. I think they recently started mirroring their SD channels. I was just wondering if you are seeing the same thing, or if this is some sinister plot by E* to squeeze more out of its bandwidth?

Yep. Any provider that would change a channel form hd to upconvert would be in a bunch of trouble.:)

i hate to bring you bad news but there are plenty of real hd programs on foodhd since they started simulcasting. and current airings too!

i hate to bring you bad news but there are plenty of real hd programs on foodhd since they started simulcasting. and current airings too!

I agree, but overall, now that it is simulcast, real HD is the minority. If my wife thinks the PQ is bad, they REALLY have issues. I vote for them to put things back the way they were...

i don't because i tired of seeing the same episode over and over again. at least, now we get some new episodes. just have to know when they air.

i might be in the minority but i have no problem with the stretch o vision.

Amen, Iceturkee. I totally agree. I DON'T want things back to the way they were. It was a useless channel the way it was. I don't mind the stretch o vision, because my TV can reverse it and put it back into a 4:3 format. I don't like how Food Network does it, however. Because the TV obviously can't reverse the distortion.

But I'm sorry, putting things back the way they were is not an option. Thank goodness. The entire channel was trash. I don't want to watch the same episode over and over and over and over....

Amen, Iceturkee. I totally agree. I DON'T want things back to the way they were. It was a useless channel the way it was. I don't mind the stretch o vision, because my TV can reverse it and put it back into a 4:3 format. I don't like how Food Network does it, however. Because the TV obviously can't reverse the distortion.

But I'm sorry, putting things back the way they were is not an option. Thank goodness. The entire channel was trash. I don't want to watch the same episode over and over and over and over....
That is interesting, most TV's cannot change a 16:9 to a 4:3.

Mine can. I LOVE the feature too. I can change an HDTV image from full screen to "Normal" or 4:3.

Wonderful feature.

Polaroid 46" TLA-04641C.

It's funny however. The manual claims you can't do it, but yet trust me, the TV does it. LOL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)