HH Mount to Diseqc with Gbox ?? (pic)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
Is it possible to run an HH mount into a Diseqc switch, while having a Gbox/Vbox hooked up?

Will the Gbox/Vbox control a BUD and not interfere with the HH mount? Or would it even move the HH mount to the same locate as the BUD?

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Just keep in minds that the Ecoda 22KHz passes Motor Commands on both sides all the time.
While the GBox will ignore USALS commands, the H-H Motor will listen and respond. So when the BUD moves, so will the H-H. You can reset the H-H, and that should clear out pre-stored DiSEqC 1.2 Positions, but any time you "bump" the BUD, the H-H will be "bumped" too.

Just keep in minds that the Ecoda 22KHz passes Motor Commands on both sides all the time.
While the GBox will ignore USALS commands, the H-H Motor will listen and respond. So when the BUD moves, so will the H-H. You can reset the H-H, and that should clear out pre-stored DiSEqC 1.2 Positions, but any time you "bump" the BUD, the H-H will be "bumped" too.

Got it, although that might not be too bad. This way you can have C and Ku on the same sat at the same time, correct? They might not be exact if you do some fine tuning, but will be relitively similar to go back and forth and tune from.

Lak7, did you experiment with putting the Gbox behind the Ecoda?

i have a gbox behind the ecoda and it works fine. the only problem with this solution is that hh motors have prestored positions. so when you want position 2 the gbox and the hh move to position 2. to get around this i put a channelmaster 1m on a polar mount and run 2 positioners. that way only the dish with the proper stored position moves. im sure you could also use diseqc 1.2 on the hh with the low positions overwriting the prestored positions to achieve the same effect.

crackt out,.

Lak7, did you experiment with putting the Gbox behind the Ecoda?
Yes, made no difference. I ended up using a 2 receiver setup. My BUD has both C and Ku, and the Offset was just for backup, so a second receiver to control the H-H is not so bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.