Hi from MOOVlab Boston

Here are my thoughts about how to experience MOOV. In my opinion, MOOV is not exactly designed to be "watched". You don't sit and watch this channel for hours. I think it is more like an artistic background that you can turn on, say when you are hosting a party. I also like to have MOOV on, when I am doing other things and don't want to concentrate on TV too much, like reading or working on my computer. MOOV puts me in the mood, helps me relax and it doesn't distract my attention too much, so I can focus on other things. Of course, occasionally it does catch my attention when I see especially interesting visuals. I saw several episodes, that I liked very much. My favorite is "Light Wheels" ("Pacific Park") by Kathryn Cates.

And of course there are a couple of episodes, perhaps not very typical for MOOV, that certainly deserve to be watched: A 20-minute or so Mars panorama (fascinating!) and a timeless classic "The Man With A Movie Camera" (too bad it is not shown in OAR!). I wish they had accurate program schedule, so that people who are interested in watching specific programs like these two would be able to catch them.

I've love to see better music on Moov. Maybe have themes, where for this half hour you play rock, this half hour alternative. Then back to rock... then alternative ;-)

What I'd really like is if I could grab the video from Moov, and the audio from one of the digital music channels, all with 1 box. THAT would be great for parties.

I like auction and some of MOOV, besides, without contracts, what else will they do with those HD channels? It's not like there is a lot HD material out there. I doubt this is holding up InHD, HDNet, etc.. At least VOOM was motivated to go create HD material so we can enjoy something.

I don't have vavavoom and once I get a Bravo D3 later this year w/some HD DVD content I could buy 4 DVD's a month that I can play when I want. MOOV might want to put out a good HD WM9 DVD, since there isn't much out, maybe they could bundle it with the D3 as a demo and add for VOOM?

Swishallnet said:
I'd like to see more aquarium stuff myself. Saw it once, was amazed. I could leave that on when I'm not watching anything. Always wanted an aquarium in house but have no room, now I can have a 63 incher. ;)
No one sells a DVD screen saver with an aquarium loop?

It sounds like they're planning on changing things up, so I'll sit tight and see what happens. I personally think that a "television for the sake of ambiance at my party" channel is not really a good idea. The gold standard for that was the NASA channel, and you don't need 2.

If your looking for constructive criticism, I have a suggestion to make everyone happy and eliminate all complaining: Nudity :eureka , tastefully done. By nudity, I mean Playboy not Hustler nudity. By tasteful, I mean female and attractive. I am constantly told by hippies that the human form is the most beautiful thing in the world. OK. Moov certainly has an artistic bent.

Remember when Gallery first did "The Beach"? It was nothing vulgar, and we all seemed to enjoy it. Who hasn't pondered staying up late to see "Shock Art"? This is my idea on how Moov can save itself. I'm not entirely joking.

why not club style or barely 18? just kidding.i like that idea.if it was a 24 hour loop of hotties, we would have a channel to flip too and have something to watch.

I'm not advocating a T & A channel. It's more like what Ultra has on. You know, when the models have the see-through stuff. Tasteful, non-offensive. Something that a reasonably progressive young woman wouldn't mind watching herself. I really think this could work. Not all nudity all the time. But some every once in awhile. I really think I'm onto something here.

Ilya said:
Steve, welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you here.
Thanks for the info.

Could you clarify for me and everyone else what is the relationship between Moovlab Boston and Moovlab Philadelphia. Are these just two offices of the same entity, or are you independent from each other? Just curios.

Ilya.

We are sister companies. Each company provides half the content for the MOOV channel.

Sean Mota said:
Steve,

I guess the concept of MOOV is hard for some of us to grasp because it is the first such channel. We did enjoy the 360 Mars Video shown on MOOV. There were others. Are there more video that will include panaromic views? The concept of the screen saver type of video is fine fro 5 minutes but it's hard to stay on the channel for more than 5 minutes (in my own opinion). The panaromic views of different places in the US and or the world are appealing and can stick you to the TV just to watch it. I am just thinking of the PBS-HD loop where it was shown incredible views of NJ, CT and other areas. I do not know if this goes against your concept of video art. I have seen for the example the panaromic view of the winter Moov was showing. Those videos interest me because I can appreciate the view and the awesome HD Picture Quality. What do you think?

I work with the guy that made that Mars video. He was very pleased that you all enjoyed it.

When the new Mars footage came down, he made it a point to make another video of it in HD just because of the feedback we saw here from the showing of the first one.

Look for the new Mars footage on the channel.

Ilya said:
Of course, occasionally it does catch my attention when I see especially interesting visuals. I saw several episodes, that I liked very much. My favorite is "Light Wheels" ("Pacific Park") by Kathryn Cates.

We are in the office all day with MOOV on.

As we are working, we check out what's on. Sometimes we see one of our own pieces being broadcast, and sometimes we are surprised by some of the content we see from the Philadelphia office.

Today all work in the office stopped as we watched the segment on ice cream.

Have you seen it? Ice cream melting backwards!

Cool.

stevegarfield said:
Have you seen it? Ice cream melting backwards!
Yep, it's good! It's funny, it was a hot day when I saw it lately. So I went to the kitchen to get some ice cream... just couldn't resist... :yes

Glad to hear we will see more shots from Mars! This was the best Mars panorama I've ever seen! Interesting music too...

Keep up the great work with the Moov Lab Steve! :up

Just ignore the whiners on this thread, It's obvious that some of these guys just don't know how to appreciate good art. ;)

Well, my take on MOOv is that it really should have been launched in the 60's early 70's when everyone was high. I mean high. I dont find myself watching it much but one night when I had too much to drink I turned it on and I was watching and watching and everything kept going round and round...lets just say I became kind of ill. Dont take it the wrong way steve, I like your ch. Watching it with a couple of beers in you makes it all the better. I feel like Im back in the early 80's when I used to go to the planetarium to watch a laser light show with pink floyd music in the background. Keep up the good work.

Saw some new interesting episodes this morning (at least I don't remember seeing them before), like "Cuba"...

To each his own. What makes you think everyone would want to watch Discovery Science or the SciFi channel? I could gve a crap about either. I think the Voom original content channels are the best thing about Voom.

vurbano said:
Im sorry but the channel is worthless!!!! If this guy works there then he needs to know what the viewers think.
Sorry, vurbano, but I whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. You should rephrase your statement to "know what THIS viewer thinks". Not ALL viewers dislike MOOV. Personally I can take it or leave it, but I applaud MOOV for it's originality and unique programming.

FWIW, this is a great demo channel when someone comes over or after a partie's been going on for a few hours. Sometimes I'll flip it on after having a few beers and just sit there memerized by the huge HD image, it never ceases to amaze me. :p

Steve, if you're still here after all this bashing, I really liked the melting ice cream cone and would like to see more stuff like this.

I always thought putting a HD camera on certain serene and exotic spots around the world and recording for an hour strait was a good idea. Take for example a private beach on a Hawaiian Island, record the crashing waves for an hour as the sun sets and broadcast that. After a long hard day an hour of that would put me in my happy place. :)

-Chris

P.S. - I would gladly volunteer to do this for you free of charge, except for travel expenses of course.

DarrellP said:
Steve, if you're still here after all this bashing, I really liked the melting ice cream cone and would like to see more stuff like this.

I'm still here.

Thanks.

I'll see if we can melt more for you. ;-)

Did you see the two guys eating those flaming steaks! Amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)