Hi from MOOVlab Boston

When are you watching?

Hi,
I've got a question for you.

When do you watch MOOV?

Do you have it on in the morning?

Does anyone have it on during the day in an office or public location?

Do you head over to Sears on a lunch break to watch a quick half hour?

Are there MOOV parties forming all over America to watch MOOV at night? ;-)

Let us know.

Thanks,
--Steve

>>When do you watch MOOV?

Pretty randomly. During the week it's usually between other shows or if I'm channels I'll stop when something catches my eye. Late night if I'm not listening to DVD commentary. Sometimes on weekends I'll just turn it on and leave it running if I'm going to be in the living room, or when people come over.

>>Do you have it on in the morning?

Sometimes, if I'm at home.

>>Does anyone have it on during the day in an office or public location?

Not me, unfortunately most of the time my monitor has the screen filled already with work (and I don't think my employer will get us a Voom sub :) ). So while I'm there it's SomaFM and a Vis plugin in the corner of the screen when I need to switch over to right-brain thinking.

>>Do you head over to Sears on a lunch break to watch a quick half hour?

I try to avoid the mall as much as possible. ;)

>>Are there MOOV parties forming all over America to watch MOOV at night? ;-)

Had Voom and Moov been around about 10 years ago when I was helping one of the local music/club promoters there was a venue (daytime coffee house/nighttime club) that would have been perfect to run the Moov feed before shows and between bands (or even during the day), but that's gone now (and would have run into broadcast transmission in public places regulatory issues.)

Probably more than you wanted to know, huh. ;)

So.... parties based around Moov? Probably not (at least where I live). Parties with Moov as background ambiance- I'd say probably yes.

>Let us know.

HTH!

stevegarfield said:
Hi,

When do you watch MOOV?

1. I put MOOV on as background while puttering around the house.
2. I watch MOOV between other programs, or while waiting for somethng to start. Example: I want to watch the Sopranos at 9, I power up the TV about 8:45 and want something to look at for 15 minutes. MOOV is good for this because you can start and stop watching at any point, without getting immersed in a plot. I set the "program planner" to automatically tune to the Sopranos, then put on MOOV to kill time. If I really don't like what MOOV is showing then, I will tune in something else.

I use Moov mostly as a screen saver. Instead of turning off TV to do other things around the house, I switch it to MOOV. At the suggestion of others, I've been turning to MOOV when listening to music.

All of this occurs in the evening. I'll also use MOOV to demo HDTV to friends and family if nothing good is on DHDT.

stevegarfield said:
When do you watch MOOV?
Sometimes it's on in the morning during a quick breakfast, but not always.
Usually late at night when reading or working on my PC. No TV for me at work... It could be on at any time on the weekend.

I don't know about all-night MOOV parties or MOOVing while MOWing the lawn ;). I prefer MOOV late at night. It's such a new way to watch TV that most viewers probably need to learn how to react to it and when to enjoy it.

I am finding the whole VOOM experience with MOOV, Gallery, Rush, Ultra, DHD, etc. is not what I expected. Somebody put a lot of thought into this. TV is no longer about flipping braindead channels when I am bored. There is more to this than HD alone, and I sense this is only the beginning. Non-Voomers really have no idea.

1080iWannabe said:
I am finding the whole VOOM experience with MOOV, Gallery, Rush, Ultra, DHD, etc. is not what I expected. Somebody put a lot of thought into this. TV is no longer about flipping braindead channels when I am bored. There is more to this than HD alone, and I sense this is only the beginning. Non-Voomers really have no idea.
Totally agree!

Steve,

I have watched pieces of club culture I & II. Tonight I saw a piece in club culture II which I though was very good. It was titled Spirit Soars. The music and the panaromic view of the ocean waves, the desert, and the populated area with trees was quite excellent.

I have not watched everything on club culture I and II. Can you list the separate "MOOVs" in each one, if possible?

stevegarfield said:
Hi,

1.When do you watch MOOV?

2.Do you have it on in the morning?

3.Does anyone have it on during the day in an office or public location?

4.Do you head over to Sears on a lunch break to watch a quick half hour?

5.Are there MOOV parties forming all over America to watch MOOV at night? ;-)

Let us know.

Thanks,
--Steve
1.Never
2.NO
3.NO
4.NO id sooner give myself a root canal at lunch
5. not that I know of.

ANd quite frankly, the day I watch Moov will mean that there is no other content to watch on Voom. At that point I will watch it while im calling directv and dumping voom.

When do you watch MOOV?
Never. I'd wather watch this.

No. I wish I had my RSN instead of this awful channel. I'd watch that every morning.

Nobody I know has or wants Voom, and if they did it wouldn't be because of Moov.

I take it by the lack of a winking smiley that you are serious. Does anybody do this?

OK, hahaha, very funny. a Moov party? maybe if I was 13 and was on acid, and I had DarrellP's projector. maybe then, but probably not.

Caught a minute or so of a new Mars panorama on MOOV last night! Hope it will be repeated soon...

Personally I really dislike MOOV either play good music with better "video art" which is hard to explain, or play real videos in HD...or do a variety of programming related to music that ranges from what MOOV shows now to things like documentaries on night clubs in HD or something else.. right now MOOV pretty much is never watched.

I think that MOOV is a great channel and many of my friends tend to agree. If you set up different parts of 2 hours blocks of MOOV that all are in similar genres. I would prolly use this as a background for a party if from 12midnight-2am or later if it played hip-hop, techno, and/or drum and bass type music. Mix that with great graphics and/or visuals. Something like black rainbow and biohazard ... can't remember the rest of the title. That would definately be something I would show off at a party. Just my humble opinion. Keep up the great work.

stevegarfield said:
Hi,

When do you watch MOOV?

Let us know.

Thanks,
--Steve

Hell No to all of them.

Thats right people..lets pay 100 something dollars a month to buy backgrounds for our tv while we are doing something else. :confused:

babyj said:
Thats right people..lets pay 100 something dollars a month to buy backgrounds for our tv while we are doing something else. :confused:

Babyj, having been in a prior tech support job I can tell when someone is having issues and I'll do my best to assist. I wouldn't pay $100.00 for a single channel either, I'm paying a lot less and seeing more channels than that, so I'll walk you through the process of how to do it.

First off you will want to double-check the items included with your install. There is a silver colored object about the size of a hairbrush that has a bunch of buttons on it (commonly referred to as a "remote control"). Locate and press the "Channel" button (you'll find it goes both up *and* down, pretty neat!). This should allow you to navigate to another station. For additional assistance (second-level support) find the "Inside Voom" channel and wait for one of the ladies on the red couch (Jess) to explain how to use the rest of the fuctions on the "remote".

HTH!

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts