Hi. I got a doubt, what kind of dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftaobsession

Original poster
May 2, 2009
mexico
is more resistant to the strong winds? the mesh dishes or solid dishes? By the way does anyone know what is the survival wind for a 10 ft. SAMI dish mesh? I live in Mexico city and lately we have experienced 40 mph winds. Iam going to put another 3 supporters to the antenna.
thanks a lot for your atention. And sorry for my bad english.
Happy new year from Mexico.

I don't know what the the survival wind speed spec is for that dish but I would think it would be at least 70-80 mph.

And I've read that at over 50 mph wind speeds there is not much difference in the wind loading characteristics of a mesh or solid dish, over 50 mph wind a mesh dish "appears" to be solid.

Thanks phlatwound for

your answer. Anyway I will reinforce the antenna. I think is better a 6 foot base than a 3 foot base. don"t you think so? Thanks a lot.

If you vo with a 10' sami in high wind environments get the 36" load king polar mount instead of the standard 24" polar mount. My 10' sami has survived 75 mph wind with no need for re-aiming. It did however blow off ku sats due to pole flexing but returned to normal.

Thanks, truckracer for

your answer, is very good having friends like you and phlatwound that help without any interest.
My best regards from Mexico city.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)