Hi, I'm thinking of switch from E* to DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TEN89

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2004
Buffalo NY
I'm looking to switch to D*. I'm look to get the HD DVR. Do they have a package for a 2 room setup? I'm just looking for 1 HD DVR and 1 standard, maybe a DVR too. Thank you.

rad said:
Contact www.valueelectronics.com, a site sponsoe. They'll work up a deal for you and make sure you mention you're a Satelliteguy for an extra discount.

sorry for not replying back. thank you for your help. I decided to go to my local best buy. looks like i even save more. i got the hd10 250 for 999.00 with a $50 rebate and another DVR for $99 and a $50 rebate. then i got a $150 gift card for having over a $999 purchase. so i'm happy with that.

TEN89 said:
sorry for not replying back. thank you for your help. I decided to go to my local best buy. looks like i even save more. i got the hd10 250 for 999.00 with a $50 rebate and another DVR for $99 and a $50 rebate. then i got a $150 gift card for having over a $999 purchase. so i'm happy with that.

Glad it worked out. So how to you like the HD Tivo???

rad said:
Glad it worked out. So how to you like the HD Tivo???

Don't know yet. They install it waseday. But I think I'm going to enjoy it with all the Tivo feacher it has the I've read in the manual. I need to ask. would the installer mind if i hooked ever thing to the TV's the wires and stuff so it would save the time would they care? they would only have to put 2 more hole upstairs and change the dish from E*s TO D*s since the mast is there. but they'll still have to change the wires. i want new wire. :D

Remember the HD Tivo from VE will not have our discount because they already have the HD Tivo lower than everyone else.

I'm glad to see that you got a good deal though, nontheless. :)

Let us know how you like it!

We're at $879.00, double boxed and shipped to your door. We also throw in our 5 yr. extended warranty and 6 color imprinted HD DVR shirt. Of course, we do not charge sales tax on out of NY State sales.

-Robert

TEN89 said:
would the installer mind if i hooked ever thing to the TV's the wires and stuff so it would save the time would they care? they would only have to put 2 more hole upstairs and change the dish from E*s TO D*s since the mast is there. but they'll still have to change the wires. i want new wire. :D

the installer will be more then happy for you to hook everything up before he comes, he gets less work to do, and gets paid for not doing half of the job :D

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We're at $879.00, double boxed and shipped to your door. We also throw in our 5 yr. extended warranty and 6 color imprinted HD DVR shirt. Of course, we do not charge sales tax on out of NY State sales.

-Robert

And thats where I lose out. I live in New York State. So it looks like I made out.

hdtvtechno said:
the installer will be more then happy for you to hook everything up before he comes, he gets less work to do, and gets paid for not doing half of the job :D

Great. the less stuff he has to do, the more time I have to enjoy it. :)

got my D* installed today. Only took 45 minutes since they used most of the E* stuff was still up. They even installed a multiswitch for me for free. YAY.

So far, the pic qual is great and the R10 kicks the crap outta the Dish 500. So many options, so little time.

scrotus said:
got my D* installed today. Only took 45 minutes since they used most of the E* stuff was still up. They even installed a multiswitch for me for free. YAY.

So far, the pic qual is great and the R10 kicks the crap outta the Dish 500. So many options, so little time.[/QUOTE

I get mine installed wasesday. But I'm going to take most of E's wiring down. I think some of its bad. For what I paid I want all new wiring.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

I am sore from a 921 and was wondering what your return policy is? I am not expecting to need it, but after going through two 921s and giving up I am reluctant to order one unless I know I can return it if there are problmes. My main concern is OTA DTA. I will be using the DVR for 50%+ OTA DTA and want to make sure the ATSC tuner is at least on par with the 921.

Now that I'm switching and getting my install up Wednesday morning. Would it be a problem if i canceled my E* account after? Or do i have to do it while I'm still hooked up to E*? Thanks

TEN89 said:
Now that I'm switching and getting my install up Wednesday morning. Would it be a problem if i canceled my E* account after? Or do i have to do it while I'm still hooked up to E*? Thanks

I'd wait until your D* install is up and running, just in case you run into any problems (like being able to see the 101 satellite ;) ).

Yep, just wait. Had D installed on Saturday and I cancelled E on Sunday. They didn't hassle me but didn't try to make me any deals either. Probably because I had already switched. They will ship you out boxes to return your receivers and LNB if need be and you have 15 days from cancellation to have them back to E.

scrotus said:
Yep, just wait. Had D installed on Saturday and I cancelled E on Sunday. They didn't hassle me but didn't try to make me any deals either. Probably because I had already switched. They will ship you out boxes to return your receivers and LNB if need be and you have 15 days from cancellation to have them back to E.

Ok, I won't have to send anything back. everythings mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)