HIC Connection Question

DFPope

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Alabama
I have gotten my hands on an HIC and thought I would give it a try. Can I replace the 2way splitter feeding the 2 Joeys with a 3way and connect the HIC to the 3rd port.
I have a 3way on hand that the Dish guy left.

Thanks

It should work.. But what would be better is.. If the router is in the room with one of the joeys?? Hook it up with that one. All you'll need is a short piece of coax..

Yeah just put the HIC in the same room as your router run a Ethernet cable to and and just have a coax drop put in the room with your router then get a coax patch cable run it to the coax wall drop back to the HIC.

Yeah just put the HIC in the same room as your router run a Ethernet cable to and and just have a coax drop put in the room with your router then get a coax patch cable run it to the coax wall drop back to the HIC.

I think you and I may be saying the same thing ??
My router is in my office, no Joey at this location. I have a coax from the office to the utility room where the node and splitter are located. Since it is a single coax run are you saying connect it to the splitter as I mentioned ?

Thanks

I think you and I may be saying the same thing ??
My router is in my office, no Joey at this location. I have a coax from the office to the utility room where the node and splitter are located. Since it is a single coax run are you saying connect it to the splitter as I mentioned ?

Thanks

Oh ok I with you so all you would need to do it put the HIC in your office then.. So yeah you are correct in that we are saying the same thing... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)