GEOSATpro Hidden way via remote to Screen Capture ?

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Is there a hidden way to capture a screen image with the remote? Any plans to add this in upcoming f/w updates?

No screen capture support is documented for this chipset. We would have to investigate this option, but on the surface I don't think that it would be possible with current hardware.

Years ago when I recorded and archived a lot of shows, I used the single frame save feature of VideoRedo.
Often, I'd pull in several stills to Epson editing software to make artwork to print on the disc.
Likewise, I used a frame of the show as the background for the DVD menu.
(for certain races, the map of each circuit was the background) ;)

So if you already have VideoRedo, use it.
If not, well maybe you can find a cheaper tool to do just frame capture.
How 'bout recording the show, then a screen capture while playing it back with VLC? :)

Great idea about screen capture! If you aren't sure how to do it, let me provide a walk-through...

Here's what I do with Windows 7: Play the file in VLC player (or any other preferred player). Go to the Window Icon in the lower left hand corner. Select the All Programs tab, then slide over the the right and scroll down until you see the Accessories folder. Open that and select the "Snipping Tool." Select the screen area and save the file wherever you'd like.

Alternatively, you could also just press "Print Screen," and then open a image editing program such as Paint, but be sure you save or export the file as a .jpg so you can find it easily :)

yeah I've done it also with certain pc video players but was just wondering if maybe this had a "hidden" service menu with cool hidden features :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)