Hiding locals no longer permanent

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Ever since my last software update the local channels I want hidden only stay hidden for a day sometimes less. The appear hidden on the fav menu but changing channels with the channel up/down key reveals them. Anyone else?:mad:

My hidden OTA channels stay hidden all the time, unless there is a lockup and I have to reboot (which didn't happen to me lately).

I just checked they were unhidden so I rehid them. The reciever must be locking up at night and unhiding them. I bet they will be back again tomorrow.

Are you hiding channels that have weak signal? Try doing a new channel scan. See if this helps.
(I know they were adding some auto-hide features for super-DMA support. I wonder if this is somehow related...)

Ilya said:
Are you hiding channels that have weak signal? Try doing a new channel scan. See if this helps.
(I know they were adding some auto-hide features for super-DMA support. I wonder if this is somehow related...)
No Im hiding channels that suck. All SD subchannels. 3 weather radar channels, ABC news now, NBC SD duplicate, 3 PBS SD channels, A 24/7 weather channel and PAX crap too much to mention. Nothing wrong with their reception other than the fact that they are being broadcast in the first place. I suppose Im hiding 16 of 23 OTA channels keeping the 7 HD ones. LOL

Hey, vurbano, just checked to see if we had lost our...

hidden channel capability but everything we've hidden remains so and has since first hidden a couple of weeks ago even through numerous soft reboots (many more than before the new download) and one hard reboot.

However, during the check noticed that we had "lost" most of our OTAs and sat channels 203 and up except for SciFi and the Discovery grouping. Something similar happened a few days ago although we didn't lose the OTAs then. Did a power button reboot and everything came back.

Many strange happenings since the new download.

Watching HDTV under beautiful blue Seattel skies, Gill

Mine are still hidden today. It must be a lock up issue. Yesterday The green light was on but no channels were present I simply turned it off and then back on and all channels were present but for some reason the hidden channels came back. Then the day before the PG ended at 7:30? So I rebooted to get PG data and the hidden channels had reappeared again. Just a lot of nonsense causing me to reboot lately since the new software. I dont think the hidden channels are the real issue.

vurbano, is your phone line hooked up? My box needed to be recycled almost every day until I disconnected the phone line. Since I disconnected it I haven't needed to reboot (over 8 days now). I think that the caller id feature made the STB sensitive to phone call noise or something. Anyway, since they won't need the phone line to be hooked up until after they actually get some pay-per-view channels, I am leaving it disconnected.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I can't even do the channel scan anymore since the update. My STB freezes up everytime I do the scan
FreddyvsJasonvsAsh, does it freeze up when you enter the Installation Wizard, or when you actually initiate the scan? If hard reboot doesn't fix this problem, you may need to do a Factory Reset followed by a reactivation. Let me know if you need my help with that.

yes when I go into Install wizard and go to channel scan it does it all good. But when it's done it freezes and I have to reboot it. Plus the channels I keep hiding don't hide for long they come back it's those dang USDTV channels that I have to keep hiding. It's like 10 channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)