Hiding SD duplicates...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
The "Hide SD Duplicates" feature seems to have an issue. I have mentioned before about the FSOK situations, but it happens other places, too. The SD feed is not always the same as the HD feed on RSN alternates. I love the organization of the RSNs now, but it's still got flaws. Am I the only one that this bothers? I know there are HD snobs that "wont' watch it if it's not HD" and that's fine, but I would rather watch something I care about in SD than not at all.

In the first picture, why is there different programming on 676-1 HD and 676-1 SD while both 676-2 channels are "to be announced."

In the second, there is more programming on 676-5 SD than 676-5 HD, yet most of it is missed if you hide SD duplicates, even though the channel is not a duplicate. Same thing with FS Wisconsin.

Pictures mentioned in first post.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1397772853851.jpg
    1397772853851.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 1397772870379.jpg
    1397772870379.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 141
Since I no longer have Directv I never did see the new "grouping" of RSN's. Looks pretty good

I guess when I did have D* the only RSN's I got where FS North (my RSN) and FS Wisco and the only reason I watched FS Wisco was for Badger hockey. Maybe if you have an alternate RSN all the time it would bother someone.

But I can answer one question
In the first picture, why is there different programming on 676-1 HD and 676-1 SD
Usually HD feeds they show in the guide for 6 hours. The AHL hockey game they must not use the HD feed so thats why it shows to start at the right time. When FS North + was 652 & 652-1 I would see examples like you posted.

The games were on at the same time briefly!

That explains where you've been. You were the first person I thought of when I saw the dedicated FS North + channel! It looks better with SD hidden.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That explains where you've been. You were the first person I thought of when I saw the dedicated FS North + channel! It looks better with SD hidden.
actually here is an update as to where I had been ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/334415-An-Iceberg-sighting
(I actually wasnt here for 3 months....took a sabbatical)

Basically when I lived in the apartment it was through a 3rd party (Access Media 3). We got Choice package included in rent. We had to pay for anything else. So my bill before credits was $20 (HD & DVR fee). Now that I moved I would have to pay for the programming too. While I love sports, I can't justify (right now) paying like $90 a month so I can watch the Twins and Wild games. So I cancelled and am OTA only (which took some use to getting to dropping from about 30 channels (plus 22 religious) in Minneapolis to 12 total here in Duluth)

The one caveat about Duluth is they are claimed by both the Twins and Brewers (since Wisconsin is across the river) so I could have seen the Brewers games too

It shouldn't be doing that on Hide SD Duplicates because the dash channels are not duplicates... I've lost the power to have someone look in to it, so you might want to call customer service and have them send up an escalation on it.

It shouldn't be doing that on Hide SD Duplicates because the dash channels are not duplicates...

maybe Directv thinks they are now. The only thing I ever saw on FSN Wisconsin that wasnt live and only on SD channel was the random replay of a Marquette game (from like FS1) and some replays of stuff that was on FS North (which folks in Wisconsin get)

Most of the dash channels are duplicates, but some (Those discussed here are the most common, but there are others) are not. When I say duplicate, I mean identical programming. FSWIS airs many things that are not HD on FSWIS SD on D*. FSOK has even more, as noted in the pictures.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts